Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the paint chip off of the passenger side dash board??? What did I do wrong and how do you fix it??

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
195 Posts
Its going to have to go to a great paint shop if you want it to match. My 99silverado did it and I took it to the dealer. They did a terrible job on it. So bad in fact i made the dealer fix their work, they ended up putting in another dash panel. Moral of the story.... Take it to the best painter around and maybe they can get close otherwise replace the piece, Its the texturing thats hard.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
486 Posts
On my 2003 ESV the paint peeled on the side by where the seat belt clicks in and then on the ledge below the heater controls. The dealer repainted it and it peeled again the next day. But they had a perfect match, It just didn't hold up. I went back and complained and then replaced the pieces.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Replacing the parts is the best way. I have found that this peeling usually starts because of aftermarket finish enhancers like armor all. The dash panels are painted pieces and finish enhancers make the paint soft and can even cause bubbling and peeling.

Use mild soap and water to clean the panels on a damp cloth and just let them look like they look. (if that's what happened)
There are other possible causes, I am just expressing my views on one common failure.
That being said, the best repair is to replace the panel.
Are you out of warranty?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts