Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new set of PAGID race pads yesterday. For race pads they don't take as long as usual to heat up. They do squeak a little bit but the bite is outrageous. Dusting is about as bad as the OEM Ferodo's but I can live with it.

These where installed in preperation for a track day. I will give a follow up report on them after tht event.

Price as race pads go are about usual ($200.00). I plan onm using them just for track days so well shall see how much use I get out of them.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Careful not to discolor your calipers with the race pads. Your calipers will face more heat with those pads. Someone just posted pics..
I believe that was you?

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
You know, I did a track event at the Glen, with Hawk HPS pads. After 10-12 minutes I was flagged off the track. When I turned into pit lane, they told me my right front brakes looked like they were on fire.. I got out and checked. They looked black and dusty, and you felt the heat coming off them. So I asked the guy, "was it glowing? or on fire? He said, we know what glowing is and they tell me it was on fire!
When I thought about it, the brakes were overheating and not stopping the car as fast.
O.K .
Fortunately my calipers remained the same color.
That was my last session.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
willsctsv said:
Careful not to discolor your calipers with the race pads. Your calipers will face more heat with those pads. Someone just posted pics..
I believe that was you?
Yeah, I know. That was me who posted the pics.

Not to worried about the discoloration. Its a badge of honor in my book. My #1 priority is stopping!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Aaron,
did you only change the front pads?
Do you have part# for the rear? I assume the front part # is on the box.
Just curious, did you change brake fluid too?

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, only the fronts.

Part number is on the box pic above.

Motul 600 RBF fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts