Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
None
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its time to get some new pads and rotors.... i want to get some good stuff but i dont want to spend a million dollars... any suggestions on what to get?
I was looking at r1concepts.com and they have some nice stuff for a good price but i dont know anyone that has used them..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
How about some more information.

What are you planing on? Road Racing? Occasional HPDE? Just tooling around town. Are you looking for performance or just looks ?

Define "Good Stuff"

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
The stock rotors are very reasonably priced. And they last a long time even with track duty. If nice stuff means looks, then just get that cheap stuff...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Speaking of which, where do you guys get your stock brembos from? Up here in Canada I'm looking at an organ sale to get some unless I buy some generic blanks which I'm not too sure about.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
64 Posts
I bought my V and the previous owner had installed UUC crossdrilled and slotted with I believe hawk dustless pads. The rotors look sick. I have never felt the stock setup but I have to admit I was thinking these would stop better than they do. My guess it's the pads. I put dustless pads on a Bimmer I had and they sucked!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
128 Posts
I bought some R1 Concepts cross drilled and slotted for my 3.6 cts and loved them, I had em on for about 4 months or 20,000 miles, they were priced nicely and performed great.

P

·
0 Posts
I've broken two sets or R1Concepts front rotors on the street. I will NEVER buy cross drilled for the front of any of my cars. I have run the R1Concept rears on the track for two years without issue.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Most people are not as abusive to their brakes as me on the street. I don't daily drive my car and I drive it like I stole it just about all of the time. So take what I do to my rotors as an extreme case.

By the way, that one broke after 4 days of driving on the street.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
My GM drilled Brembo rotors are starting to crack as well. They have not cracked like the ones pictured above but there are many cracks in them and they really pulse once they get some heat in them. These have never seen the track either.

P

·
0 Posts
I have slotted ones that have about a dozen track days and are cracking on the flats. I believe this cracking is from the Carbotech pads I run on the track.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I have had cracks in the friction surface of every rotor I have had on the front of the car. I have had stock and Performance Friction pads only and absolutely no track time. I think its just something that happens with enough heat cycles. PISNUOFF sounds like you and I drive about the same lol

P

·
0 Posts
Actually, I've only replaced my pads once in two years and I put the stock rotors back on for the street after breaking the R1Concepts twice. What really kills the rotors is the fast cool down after the high heat from hard slow downs from REALLY high speeds. The cross drilling makes them cool down even faster and every hole is a stress riser. I cracked my brothers C5 ZO6 stock cross drilled ones in 3 weeks also.

ctsv154 - That sounds about right, same style. WFO or nothing. I passed on a ride in a brand new ACR package Viper because I couldn't drive and the driver wasn't even going to mat the gas pedal. I want to feel the full rush or nothing at all. Maybe that's why my bottom end only lasted 2-1/2 years. Lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts