Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the brakes on my uncles 2003 CTS

I currently run hawk pads on my VW, and they have been nothing but great, at times squeaky. Are there hawk pads for cadillacs? also where can I just get normal rotors, no cross drilled no slotted... pretty much OEM rotors?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Lindsay Cadillac has a special on UUC rotors that are cross drilled and slotted.
Ask for Luke Butler. They are Forum Vendors. I was pleased with them with Hawk ceramic pads.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
Lindsay Cadillac has a special on UUC rotors that are cross drilled and slotted.
Ask for Luke Butler. They are Forum Vendors. I was pleased with them with Hawk ceramic pads.
:yeah:

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are for my uncle and he pretty much wants the stock rotors. No need for cross drilled or slotted...

Is there anywhere other than the dealer I could score stock rotors?

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already looked there, it seems as they only have the fronts but they are on back order. Why dont they have rear rotors? Does anyone know where I could get those brembo rotors both for front and back that arent on back order? Or at least an OEM or OEM replacement rotor. once again no need for cross drilled or slotted.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Not dissing the UUC cross drilled and slotted rotors, but keep in mind that a lot of shops simply refuse to turn said rotors for fear of damaging their lathe or lack of experience of the lathe technician. That means that a brake pad change costs a lot more with cross drilled and slotted rotors because you may have to buy new rotors unless you can find the rare shop to turn them.

I had cross drilled and slotted rotors on my last car, and while there was an subtle difference in performance, was it worth new rotors every brake pad change? I think not. Cross drilled and slotted rotors really show their mettle on the race track or under extreme driving conditions, very little on the road during daily driving.

If you want maximum brake performance, the UUC or other performance oriented cross drilled or slotted rotors are the sure fit, as long as you understand and realize that there could be greater than normal maintenance costs down the line.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
UUCs from Lindsay Cadillac with Hawk HPS pads. Love'm!!!

Stock vs UUC:

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Many times the UUC setup is a lot cheaper than stock parts anyway.
You should check into it.
Luke needs something to do anyway ;)

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many times the UUC setup is a lot cheaper than stock parts anyway.
You should check into it.
Luke needs something to do anyway ;)
Its great that a forum is standing behind their vendors, but I said plenty of times before and I'll say it again. I dont want the Cross Drilled or Slotted, just plain OEM or OEM replacement (solid) rotors. These are for my uncle, he does not need the looks or the "little" performace that they might offer. I want to be able to have a set of rotors that later with the next pad replacement I can turn at least once.

So constantly posting about the UUC rotors or about Lindsay Cadillac is getting no where.

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Check ebay item # 220126769318.
$109.99 plus shipping which, will run 30-50 depending on where u live.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I wasn't trying to push anything on you, I hope you know that.
Luke might be able to get you a good price on OE rotors, your local parts chain doesn't carry them?
Seems like it might be less hassle to drive down and pick up some aftermarkets rather than put up with all of us. ;)

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wasn't trying to push anything on you, I hope you know that.
Luke might be able to get you a good price on OE rotors, your local parts chain doesn't carry them?
Seems like it might be less hassle to drive down and pick up some aftermarkets rather than put up with all of us. ;)
Oh dont get me wrong, its great that you guys are replying but I said a few times before I just wanted plain rotors no need for the cross drilled or slotted, and those were the only replies I was getting.

I havent checked the local parts store but I definately will. I just figured since this is a huge Cadillac community that maybe you guys had someone that dealt with OEM parts for cheaper than dealer pricing. I know in the VW community there are several stores that sell OEM parts for way below dealer cost.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I gotcha ;)
Most guys buy from gmpartsdirect I think, maybe some other online places but for something heavy (shipping wise) like rotors if you don't want to break the bank I'd just call some local parts stores and see what kind of prices they have.

I have had issues with aftermarket parts not matching OE very well, especially if you have a heavy duty application. If you go that route, be sure to visually check them before you install them to be sure they closely match.

·
Registered
'11 CADILLAC CTS
356 Posts
I got UUC Rotors and Hawk Breaks like Jon and I gotta say that I love them. You should give a shot. You won't regret it. I advise someone to install them like a professional if. If not you could run in some terrible times installing the rear. Maybe it was an operating issue on my part but it kicked my ass for a very long time. But well worth it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
I got UUC Rotors and Hawk Breaks like Jon and I gotta say that I love them. You should give a shot. You won't regret it. I advise someone to install them like a professional if. If not you could run in some terrible times installing the rear. Maybe it was an operating issue on my part but it kicked my ass for a very long time. But well worth it:thumbsup:
havent been reading this guys posts pertaining to the uuc rotors? lol

All of them
1,795 Posts
I gotcha ;)
Most guys buy from gmpartsdirect I think, maybe some other online places but for something heavy (shipping wise) like rotors if you don't want to break the bank I'd just call some local parts stores and see what kind of prices they have.

WHAT BILL MEANS TO SAY IS CALL LINDSAY CADILLAC FOR ALL YOUR PARTS NEEDS. WE OFFER A PRETTY FAIR DISCOUNT ON ALL GM PARTS AND VERY FAIR SHIPPING PRICES, UNLIKE SOME OTHER ONLINE GM PARTS SUPPLIERS.
ALSO UUC AND HAWK PADS (sorry had to do it):stirpot:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts