Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Sedandeville
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Cadillac has added the option of paddle shifters on the AWD version of the sedan with 6 speed automatic?

·
Registered
CTS
54 Posts
Not on the 2009 AWD which only comes with the FE2 package. You need to get the FE3 to get the paddle shifters and that is only available with RWD. Don't know about 2010 but from what I've heard, there are very few changes...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is really puzzling why Cadillac does not put paddle shifters on the AWD model. It even on the CTS-V! I don't like the deep dark brown wood trim either. They have not other options if you purchase the Premium package. The deep dark brown wood is so dated and all. They have a very nice silver carbon simulated looked but that is not available to those who select the Premium package. Also, a lot of their interior would benefit from a grey color wood trim as well as a nice birch/maple wood trim option to light it up to being more upscale like the Bentleys and Rolls look!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
It is really puzzling why Cadillac does not put paddle shifters on the AWD model. It even on the CTS-V! I don't like the deep dark brown wood trim either. They have not other options if you purchase the Premium package. The deep dark brown wood is so dated and all. They have a very nice silver carbon simulated looked but that is not available to those who select the Premium package. Also, a lot of their interior would benefit from a grey color wood trim as well as a nice birch/maple wood trim option to light it up to being more upscale like the Bentleys and Rolls look!
There must be some good reason for that. But since Cadillac is a premium brand I would indeed expect some more flexibility in the interior packages. I don't like the wood either and will go ebony. And it would be nicer if Cadillac would offer more colors for the leather too. How about that reddisch brown you see in many other premium brands?

·
Registered
Cadillac
100 Posts
The lack of choice on the wood must be a US option restriction. I have an '09 with the premium package and I have the carbon fiber look trim. The wood and wood steering wheel and shifter were additional options (the ONLY ones I did not check off) I agree, I think the wood makes it look dated or at least like the old man caddies that are available. The wood would be nice if they made an ash grey option available, but oh well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Urbanstyles for backing me up on this! I been shopping the marketplace and am now neutral on the CTS. I been looking at the BMW 335xi coupe and Audi A5! If Cadillac has the same or better incentive that they did in Feb-March; I will have to buy the CTS; especially if they carry it to the CTS-V model. If it like $2.5K and you have to be a supplier, credit union member, etc....; I walking to the Europeans sad to say. I kind of think the way GM is doling out incentives - kind of discriminating; the brand is suppose to be targeted at the upscale professionals; does not belong to any of the class in the extra incentives.

In other words; the are missing the target market for the Cadillacs - which are the professional, independent business people and corporates are shut out from receiving additional motivation to buy the vehicle. That's the way I feel about it anyways!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts