Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 6 months now, whenever I drive my 97 Cat for more than 25 miles, it throws a P1850 code and goes into "limp home" mode. This happens more it seems in hot weather. I've found that instead of pulling over and turning the car off and back on (which clears it), I now just keep a code scanner in the car and clear it while Im driving, and it is normal again for maybe 20 more miles. Then it throws it again. I know this is a tranny code, and I've done the standard fluid/filter change. Anyone else had this code? If so, what was the problem? Is my tranny just shot?

·
Registered
2006 Escalade EXT
27 Posts
I had this code in my 99 tahoe it was listed when i looked it up as the "torque converter Lockout Module" it's what i assumed kicked the truck into over drive because that was the only thing i was assuming it wasn't doing at the time. i have been told by someone else since then that this wasn't the case but i have no other idea for sure, i took my transmission pan off after draining the fluid and it was right in the front center of the transmission and easy to get to and the replacement wasn't that expensive either. 20 minutes and it was all done for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts