Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2002 ESV
2002 Escalade
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a p1683 driver 5 line 3 code. What does this mean? I’ve read everything from the PCM is shot to the throttle body was in the wrong position when it started.
I cleared the code and it hasn’t come back yet.

Can someone clarify what it means and how to fix it?

·
2002 ESV
2002 Escalade
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you recently got a new ECM
No I haven't.
I was sitting in a parking lot at idle for about 30 mins and it was about 90 degrees out. My wife was with the kid at a doc apt. The engine got up to around 240 degrees so I shut it off. I then got too hot inside and so I turned it back on to see the check engine light on.
I went and got the code read and then I cleared it and it hasn't come back since.
So is my ECM failing? was it from the heat? a fluke? or should I just replace it just to be safe?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like the ECM is starting to fail but if it's still working for now I would keep driving the vehicle till it completely fails.

·
2002 ESV
2002 Escalade
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the ECM is starting to fail but if it's still working for now I would keep driving the vehicle till it completely fails.
No it doesn’t over heat still. And cooled down as soon as I started driving. It’s black and it was 95 out so I think idling in the parking lot in the sun. overheated it.
Guess I’ll keep driving till it totally goes out. Hope it doesn’t happen on the 10 hr drive home.
Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts