Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2020 CT4 2.0
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I had someone using the car and they put a whole tank of Regular 87 in the tank. I've only used 93 and occasionally a little 91, but never more than half. Got a code after driving 80 miles on 87. Put an entire tank of 93 on top of it with 90 miles left. Drove it a couple days and the light went out. Put a full tank of 93 in, code went away. Drove 70 more miles, code returns.

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,967 Posts
??? GM does not show a P 1467 DTC.

The fuel octane fills should make NO difference unless you were running balls-to-the-wall in the Friday Night Test & Tune at your local dragstrip.

· Registered
2020 CT4 2.0
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Here's what Onstar is saying from their onboard diagnostic. It happened after someone put regular 87 in l...fuel tank says 93 is preferred. Like most 4cy turbos I've seen.

??? GM does not show a P 1467 DTC.

The fuel octane fills should make NO difference unless you were running balls-to-the-wall in the Friday Night Test & Tune at your local dragstrip.

· Registered
2005 Deville base
700 Posts
My WAG (wild a$$ guess) is someone (no finger pointing) has overfilled the tank by topping off, thereby contaminating the vapor canister, maybe, possibly. Been there done that.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,520 Posts
If the charcoal canister was flooded with fuel you might have difficulty filling the tank ie. it will keep shutting off the gas flow from the station pump. A one off like that doesn't usually result in problems with the EVAP canister, but if done repeatedly it could result in a fouled canister and maybe lines - the canister would have to be replaced and lines cleaned.
If not the above, maybe it just needs some more driving with 93.

· Registered
2020 CT4 2.0
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't noticed anything different about putting gas in. And I definitely haven't been repeatedly overfilliing. I'm hoping it was just low grade gas put in, or something easy to fix.

· Registered
2005 Deville base
700 Posts
I agree with what Ex said.
I haven't noticed anything different about putting gas in. And I definitely haven't been repeatedly overfilliing. I'm hoping it was just low grade gas put in, or something easy to fix.
With that being said, run the low grade fuel out , keep higher grade in and we shall see. Good luck and keep us posted.

13,031 Posts
Hey, so I had someone using the car and they put a whole tank of Regular 87 in the tank. I've only used 93 and occasionally a little 91, but never more than half. Got a code after driving 80 miles on 87. Put an entire tank of 93 on top of it with 90 miles left. Drove it a couple days and the light went out. Put a full tank of 93 in, code went away. Drove 70 more miles, code returns.
This is certainly not what we like to hear, satarus.stroud. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 CT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: satarus.stroud/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts