Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have been having trouble with a engine miss, the code started out as a p103 and I replaced the BBV sensor and the code went away, the car misses its butt off under a load, after replacing the BBV I cleared the codes and the car was idling good then when I stepped in the throttle the car started missing again, and now is giving me the p080 code. tps learn not complete. question is will this cause the miss? and how do I fix it. I went into the override on the pcm and reset it but that didn't get the code out either. And if thats not what is causing the miss, do you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
HOWEMOTORSPORTS said:
Guys I have been having trouble with a engine miss, the code started out as a p103 and I replaced the BBV sensor and the code went away, the car misses its butt off under a load, after replacing the BBV I cleared the codes and the car was idling good then when I stepped in the throttle the car started missing again, and now is giving me the p080 code. tps learn not complete. question is will this cause the miss? and how do I fix it. I went into the override on the pcm and reset it but that didn't get the code out either. And if thats not what is causing the miss, do you have any suggestions.
The PO80 should not be causing your problem. Northstar? I would check plugs, wires, maybe a bad coil pack.

Logan

·
Registered
4 Posts
spark plug wires?

Sounds very simlar to a problem my wife was having with her STS. It was missing under load and felt like potentially the transmission was starting to slip. Now I cheated and took it into a transmission place that also did other work and had a free testing service.

I ordered the Spark Plug wires (cheapest was Advance Auto in Austin) like $80 bucks. It's time consuming as hell and you have to be VERY VERY careful routing them.

Replaced the cables and presto problem solved.

It just gets hot in that engine compartment and the wires just crack. If I had not had the same problem on a hot running turbocharged Engine I would have guessed the transmission...

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
horn4life