Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS base 3.6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't tell you how happy I am that I got the dealer to honor the warranty for this code. At first the service writer told me it was a $131 diag fee which will go towards the repair if I fixed it. I told him about #09205: Special Coverage Adjustment - Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Warranty, and how it should be covered under warranty. My car has 105K and it's a '06 made in August. They pulled the code, and agreed to the repair.

I'm so grateful for this forum. Thanks all

FYI, the issue was a steady check engine light. When I would clear it, it came back immediately. I symptoms were difficult to start after shutting the car off during fill-up. Also if left running during fill-up the car would begin to run terrible. It would even cause a cylinder miss-fire code.

·
Registered
Custom 2007 cts
74 Posts
feinspa said:
I can't tell you how happy I am that I got the dealer to honor the warranty for this code. At first the service writer told me it was a $131 diag fee which will go towards the repair if I fixed it. I told him about #09205: Special Coverage Adjustment - Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Warranty, and how it should be covered under warranty. My car has 105K and it's a '06 made in August. They pulled the code, and agreed to the repair. I'm so grateful for this forum. Thanks all FYI, the issue was a steady check engine light. When I would clear it, it came back immediately. I symptoms were difficult to start after shutting the car off during fill-up. Also if left running during fill-up the car would begin to run terrible. It would even cause a cylinder miss-fire code.
While im driving this morning my engine light came on, so i stopped by to my buddies house and check the code. I got p0496 and i dont know how to start fixing it. I was planning to go to dealership tomorrow but im not sure if i need to tell them what the code is or they still need to check the code by themself? Also what is #09205 means? I have 2007 cts 2.8l 145k and just wondering if my car is under that Special coverage?

12,778 Posts
While im driving this morning my engine light came on, so i stopped by to my buddies house and check the code. I got p0496 and i dont know how to start fixing it. I was planning to go to dealership tomorrow but im not sure if i need to tell them what the code is or they still need to check the code by themself? Also what is #09205 means? I have 2007 cts 2.8l 145k and just wondering if my car is under that Special coverage?
Hello Jhayzhone,

Our apologies that you are experiencing a concern with your CTS, but are happy to hear that you will be visiting the dealership today. Please keep us updated on your experience. Also, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and we would be happy to look into this further and provide any additional information that you are seeking.

All the best,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2006 cts and escalade 2007
1 Posts
Hi everyone

First time posting here cause I've never had a problem with my cts.
I now have a problem. Check engine light coming on steady and having same problem as above when I go to fillup. Won't start for a while and then starts but sputters like one cylinder is miss firing.
code p0496 is coming up.
Is my car eligible for #09205 special coverage warranty for the Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts