Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Rats !!!!! Cross your fingers.

Using a mechanic's stethoscope - or a long screwdriver handle jammed against an ear - each injector should sound off with a rhythmic tick-tick-tick-tick-.

If no joy with the new coil cassette and boots, try a 20 oz. bottle of Chevron TECHRON in a tank of Top Tier gasoline.

http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

TECHRON, under several proprietary names, is a component of Top Tier gasolines.

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
I had a bad experience using "Duralast" brand from AutoZone. Was bad straight out the box. I replaced both using Delphi and no issues after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,194 Posts
AutoZone "Don'tLast" parts are cheap and warrantied for life for a reason.

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
AutoZone "Don'tLast" parts are cheap and warrantied for life for a reason.
Agreed, but at the time they only had 1 Delphi in stock, everyone else had to order. since i needed it that day i got the second coil. Returned it, Amazon next day the second Delphi :sneaky:

·
Registered
2000 deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Coil Cassette is in with new plug boots, a little dialectric grease, new plugs, injector cleaner, etc and the car runs great! It purrs and the throttle response is something I have not felt in a long time. Thank you to everyone who replied and gave tips. I learned a lot about my Deville and cars and parts, etc. Thank you all so much!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Glad to hear it ........... another case of when blind luck and superstition wins out over skill and science :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2000 DTS
29 Posts
Coil Cassette is in with new plug boots, a little dialectric grease, new plugs, injector cleaner, etc and the car runs great! It purrs and the throttle response is something I have not felt in a long time. Thank you to everyone who replied and gave tips. I learned a lot about my Deville and cars and parts, etc. Thank you all so much!
Great news! Glad we could help!

·
Registered
2004 Deville 1992 Deville 2002 Seville STS
91 Posts
Got the same code and it was a horribly corroded spark plug, but I also replaced both coil packs on my 04 Deville. I kept getting a misfire #1 and #7.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,863 Posts
Got the same code and it was a horribly corroded spark plug, but I also replaced both coil packs on my 04 Deville. I kept getting a misfire #1 and #7.
========================
the 2004 Deville has a completely different ignition system than the 2000 through 2003 Deville -

·
Registered
1 Posts
How hard was it to get the plugs loose? It was recommended to me to have a cold engine. I have a torque wrench for the new plugs and am getting them from Rock Auto in a few days. I will report back after it's finished. Thanks for your input.
It shouldn't be too difficult to break them loose, my DeVille had almost as many miles when I pulled mine. Don't over torque the new plugs.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,863 Posts
It shouldn't be too difficult to break them loose, my DeVille had almost as many miles when I pulled mine. Don't over torque the new plugs.
=====================
you are responding to a post that died 3 YEARS ago -

·
Registered
2000 deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Now I know exactly when I replaced my coil packs plugs and boots.....3 years ago. Ha I am cleaning the TB tomorrow and the solenoid ( with Carb cleaner and then Electric parts cleaner for the solenoid) Still trying to get rid of the P0300 code. Driving another car while I figure it out.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts