Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL came on. Code is P0300-00, random misfire detected. Shifting into reverse and drive RPM’s drop about 800 to near stalling out the car. Putters at idle all the time and shakes badly at idle too. Anything I should look for/ know?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,922 Posts
P0300-00 can indicate either random OR multiple cylinder misfiring. Are there any other P030x codes present where x indicates the cylinder where it is occurring? Any historical codes for rich or lean AFM? Did this appear very suddenly or has the engine performance been slightly off prior to this more serious operational issue?

Direct injection engines will typically set a code for low fuel rail pressure if this resulted from a fuel pickup or a high pressure pump issue so with it coming on suddenly if you didn't recently fill up and get bad fuel then possibly an air leak post throttle body (which engine do you have) or possibly an EGR failure dumping far too much exhaust gas into the intake.

This is a code that needs to be addressed quickly because with the code and the way your engine is running it is probably putting a lot of raw fuel into the cats.

Rodger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I put my CAI and downpipe on I had a lean code come on but since I got it tuned it went away. This appeared very suddenly as when I went on my lunch break from work it stayed to act weird and the next day the light came on. I have an LTG 2.0T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts