Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado 95
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need your help urgently, a few weeks ago my 95 eldorado had problems with the solenoid valves of the tranny and also I had the P023 code while the car was sometimes hesitating. With the information of the technical archive I was able to replace the solenoid valves, now the transmission runs perfect. The other problem P023 is still there, I already changed the sparks, the spark plugs, the wires and the ignition modul with the coils but the car is still hesitating sometimes and the SES light appears, when I check the trouble codes P023 current appears. Can anyone help me. Thanks for all replies wwhich are helpful. Franz

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
P023 (E023) ..................... Electronic Spark Timing (EST) Signal problem [EGR]
Pull the EGR valve and clean it per the instructions in the Tech Tips section.

·
Registered
Eldorado 95
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger said:
P023 (E023) ..................... Electronic Spark Timing (EST) Signal problem [EGR]
Pull the EGR valve and clean it per the instructions in the Tech Tips section.
Hi Ranger, I want to let you know, that you`re are right, it is the EGR valve. I went to the Tech Tips for cleaning the EGR valve and looked at the pictures, but today it`s too cold outside to screw around at the car, so I did something what I call a smart repair. With a little hammer I knocked an the body of the valve next to the manifold and then, by remembering your WOT carbon cleaning procedure I went with car to the Autobahn where I almost speeded half an hour with 120 mph. So I drove about 80 miles with the car and you don`t believe it, there was no more the P023 code appearing. Well by the next gas filling I will take shell ultimate with 100 roz and repeat the WOT procedure and if the troubles comes again I will clean the valve the right way, but so far so good, thanks a lot, you`re great. Franz

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Keep in mind that the WOT proceedure does not require sustained high speed WOT driving. Speed has nothing to do with it. Engine RPM and load is the trick. Start out in second gear and nail it. Hold it WOT and let it shift. When you reach aprox. 70 MPH take your foot out of it and let it back down to 50 or so. If you see carbon (black smoke) out the rear view mirror during the proceedure, nail it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts