Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV 2007
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I felt the car vibrating when waiting at the traffic lights, just before arriving at my destination after a 70 mile drive, and got a engine warning light with code P0208. When I stopped the car, I switched it off. I tried to start again and it was quite a long cranking time to get started. When I returned home after work, I started the engine, which took a while and I think I did see some smoke and a strange smell of something burning. I did not have the time to check, but it all makes sense of some wire shorting and burning plastic. Today I took my other car to check first what's wrong. Now, my question is, is it possible that this all was caused by a clogged injector, wire gets too hot and then burns plastic and shorts out after?

I also remarked that when I turn off the engine, it keeps running for 1-2 seconds after turning the key, which it normally doesn't do. Probably this means the injector is stuck open? I only don't see white smoke from the exhaust, but that might be because the car runs on LPG.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV 2007
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so just a little update on this. The smoke appeared to be coming from the connection between the PCV hose and the PCV valve :S when starting the engine. Since it was cracked it was causing apparently a P0208 code (which is a bit strange to me). I changed the cracked part for a piece of fuel line of the same size which costed me a dollar (tube is still in a good condition and parts ordering here in Europe takes about 7 days....), I cleaned the error code, and did not appear anymore and engine is running fine now since no vacuum leak anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts