Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t AWD a few weeks ago and yesterday the check engine light came on after changing my air filter I ran the code. There were 4 codes in total.

P0097 (intake ait temperature sensor 2 circuit low bank 1)
P00F4 (Humidity sensor circuit low)
P0037 (HO2S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 2)
P0102 (Mass or volume air flow sensor "A" circuit low)

When checking live data the Mass Air Flow rate was reading 0.00 g/s so I figured it could be a bad Mass Air Flow however I changed it with a new one and nothing changed. The intake Air Temp and Mass Air Flow are in the same unit and the Intake air temp is reading and reading correctly so I know that there is power and ground to the sensor not sure where to go from here.
I also reset the codes because I thought it may be a fault but they were still there and the Mass Air Flow was still reading 0.00 g/s

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,032 Posts
Welcome to Cadillac Forums.

Double check your wiring and intake ducting - any air leak at or near the MAF will set all sorts of codes. In many models a cutesy oiled air filter will cause problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Cadillac Forums.

Double check your wiring and intake ducting - any air leak at or near the MAF will set all sorts of codes. In many models a cutesy oiled air filter will cause problems.
All the connections are tight no air leaks, the air filter is just stock so no oiled air filter, and the mass airflow sensor is brand new so I know it's not dirty or anything. I'm thinking it may be something with wiring but not sure where to go from there because the intake air sensor is getting a reading I know it's getting power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the connections are tight no air leaks, the air filter is just stock so no oiled air filter, and the mass airflow sensor is brand new so I know it's not dirty or anything. I'm thinking it may be something with wiring but not sure where to go from there because the intake air sensor is getting a reading I know it's getting power.
Intake air temp sensor**

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check the wiring connections on the MAF and the hose clamp on the filter housing. Seems like it all started after the filter was changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the wiring connections on the MAF and the hose clamp on the filter housing. Seems like it all started after the filter was changed.
went back through it all defiantly not a hose clamp they are all tight and started the car no suction from around any of them the wiring connection is solid and I didn't unplug it when I did the filter so it wasn't something from unplugging it. I have unplugged it after the code to replace the MAF but still the same problem and checked the connection multiple times. I'm thinking it's wiring because it just seems weird that it is picking up 0.00 g/s I would think it would at least pick up something but not sure where to go from here/ what to test in the wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Due to the consistency of the low circuit I am thinking it could be a bad ground connection but I could not follow the wire back to the ground.... Does anyone know if these all share the same ground? If so where would that ground be located? Or if anyone knows any other possible solutions to this problem? I would appreciate any help! thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts