Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Deville Concours
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem getting the yellow light to go off. My mechanic replaced the sensor, and checked the wiring, and the codes kept firing. He told me to replace the PCM, which I did. The codes continued firing. He inspected the wiring thoroughly, and could find no issue with it. He even ran voltage through it, with a headlight attached to make sure it could handle the amperage necessary to run the heater circuit. He is now claiming the replacement PCM is also defective.
Two PCMs with identical flaws seems highly improbable.
Is there anything that he may have overlooked?

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,340 Posts
Be better if you post in the older year Deville thread. This is the DTS 2006-2011 forum

·
Registered
95 Deville Concours
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps I should have been more specific. This IS a 2006 DTS I'm having trouble with.
My '95 Concours is the vehicle I had when I signed up here. I haven't updated my profile.

Moderator edit: Moved from Deville to DTS. Sub

·
2006 DTS perf
1,340 Posts
Does your heated seats work? Crazy but my DTS gave me a code for the O2 sensor when the wiring to the heated seat module had melted.

·
Registered
95 Deville Concours
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's crazy Omac. It's amazing how interconnected everything is.

And I actually have noticed a decrease in efficiency of the seat heaters. Where do I look?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,253 Posts
Perhaps I should have been more specific. This IS a 2006 DTS I'm having trouble with.
My '95 Concours is the vehicle I had when I signed up here. I haven't updated my profile.

Moderator edit: Moved from Deville to DTS. Sub
======================
check the F21 fuse under the hood

·
2006 DTS perf
1,340 Posts
That's crazy Omac. It's amazing how interconnected everything is.

And I actually have noticed a decrease in efficiency of the seat heaters. Where do I look?
Check under the passenger front seat. There is a module and the connector is known to melt

·
Registered
95 Deville Concours
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Omac. The pin on the terminal that usually fails is a little discolored, but not melted drastically. I ordered a new terminal, so I'll see if that works, at least to get the seat heaters working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts