Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the following code which says "bank 1 open" The connectors were cleaned of dirt/oil/residue and the problem cleared for 2-3 driving cycles. It's now returned and engine light is on steady. How do I diagnose the solenoid for the camshaft actuator, and which is "bank1" ? Passenger side? Thanks!

Sorry... It's the 4.6 N*

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Pass. side. Test is done w/ scan tool. You could try 12V to the sol. (2 wire connector, color and black).

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The scan tool operates the solenoid in different ways to determine if or why the sol. is bad or wiring is bad or the module etc. I would think if you applied 12V to the sol. and you heard it click then you problem may be elsewhere.

·
Registered
NONE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment cam.pdf

#189 is my Intake Cam Oil Control Actuator Valve correct?
#725 is my cam position sensor correct?

I'm looking for and failing to locate the 'Solenoid' where I can apply 12V (where there may be an 'open' according to my scan tool). :crybaby:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The sol. has a 2 wire connector. ECM grounds 1 wire to actuate so 12V to either wire and ground the other will work.(with connector off)

·
Registered
NONE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sol. has a 2 wire connector. ECM grounds 1 wire to actuate so 12V to either wire and ground the other will work.(with connector off)
Thanks glake, I get the testing portion. Where exactly Is the connector located?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I suspect it's on the actuator assembly. I was reading off the wiring schematic.

·
Registered
NONE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both intake and exhaust side ohm out identically. I've cleaned the connectors again as they looked dirty still. I also changed the oil since I was over due.

So far the codes have not returned this week. Reading another site prompted me to suspect the state of the oil and its relationship to the cam actuator (viscosity etc). In theory, Its possible that dirty oil and a clogged screen could prevent the solenoid from working properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts