Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 STS4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the P0008 code the other day. The car has 113,500 miles on it. I took it to the dealership and was told by the Service Advisor that I got lucky. If this would have happened after 3/18/2018 I would have been SOL.... Thankfully everything was taken care of with a free oil change included. The car seems to be more responsive and the tech said that the chain seemed pretty loose when he took off the cover to start the process. Total charge.... $0. We all get lucky every now and then. :)

·
Registered
2009 STS4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was an extended Service Bulletin for that timing chain set replacement. I lucked out because if it happened and I didn't get the car to the dealership by 3/18/2019 I would have been responsible for the damages which are around 2,800 with parts and labor. He told me that it is either 120K miles or 10 yrs whichever comes first. The 10 year extension would have ended on 3/18/2019. SOL is an old phrase meaning.. [email protected]# out of luck. They did give me a brand new 2019 ATS 2.0T Turbo as a loaner. I was surprised how peppy/quick that car was and it was the luxury edition and had all the bells and whistles. I got to enjoy that for 2 days. Pretty quick car for a 4 banger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts