Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen two " count'em " 2 threads shut down here in the last 24 hours for NO good reason! Are we in Canada? ( Political correctness run amok ) I read the supposed offending post by Hollywoodhicks...Although I didn't think it was the brightest piece of literature I've ever read it wasn't offensive enough to warrant shutting down the thread! How heavy handed is that? This site is really starting to get weird! What on earth is wrong with you people?.....The little Hitlers strike again.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ralph said:
Careful Bud, the "Language Police" might be knocking on your door soon! ;) :shhh:
Let'em come knockin'......I aint scared! Besides, This had to be said...This crap is ridiculuos!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Again im not speaking in any official capacity, but kc read your user-agreement basically the moderators are here to keep the site on track. If any moderator shut down any thread it was not out of a loathing for what someone has posted but for the good of the site in general. Again if you are sooooo unhappy why stick around? I hardly see you doing anything helpful anymore, what happend you use to be one of the best helpers around here!!!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
KC from I know....those 2 were shut down because somewhere in that 'user agreement' it says no political talks. Funny how the one I started way back then came back to life recently. At least it's still there ya know. But this was not my doing so it's out of my hands. Oh and I'm a Rommel (Nazi who tried to kill Hitler)

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Mad'lac said:
KC from I know....those 2 were shut down because somewhere in that 'user agreement' it says no political talks. Funny how the one I started way back then came back to life recently. At least it's still there ya know. But this was not my doing so it's out of my hands. Oh and I'm a Rommel (Nazi who tried to kill Hitler)
I brought it back to life Mad Lac, and I'm sorry that it caused all this commotion. I never wanted anything like this to happen, I just wanted to bring up that #44 post I made because it was long, explained some important points about my countries involvement in the war against terrorism, and if I had to re-type it, my computer would log-out on me because I am having problems with this old POS computer.

KC, stick around, you are an asset here, your opinion is valid and educational. :coolgleam

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
kcnewell said:
I have seen two " count'em " 2 threads shut down here in the last 24 hours for NO good reason! Are we in Canada? ( Political correctness run amok ) I read the supposed offending post by Hollywoodhicks...Although I didn't think it was the brightest piece of literature I've ever read it wasn't offensive enough to warrant shutting down the thread! How heavy handed is that? This site is really starting to get weird! What on earth is wrong with you people?.....The little Hitlers strike again.
If you want a good reason why I closed Mad'lac's political thread go read the last page again. If it didn't go completely off topic like that I wouldn't have done anything :shocked:

·
Registered
247 Posts
My post in that thread really wasn't intended to be offensive. I really don't remember typing all that, but obviously I did. Must've been tired. Basically all of what I was saying was just a lot of thoughts and opinions of myself and others that I had spoken to over the matter. I didn't intend to get the thread shut down!!! :crying:

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Don't cry too hard Hollywood - it's not that big a deal. Closing the Thread was not meant to be a punishment. It doesn't "count against you" in any way. Try to look past the insignificant minority that tries to make use of such an action to stir up ill will in the Community in order to further their own agendas. They complain about an "evil regime of little Hitlers" and "Thread Nazis" when in fact they are trying to act as "Moderators by Manipuation" - the tail trying to wag the dog. Just ignore them... :D

kcnewell thinks the Board is getting a little weird. The fact is, we have a "weird" membership. Just look at the age of the members having birthdays today - 61, 51, 20. An extremely diverse group - something that is unusual both in the real world and the virtual world. The thing that brings us together, Cadillac enthusiasm, and the medium, the internet, make for a group dynamic that is unique IMO. This Board has grown very rapidly, beyond all expectaions, and will continue to do so. My intent is to try to maintain an air of maturity and sophistication consistent with the name Cadillac and with our membership. Aside from the obvious few, do the rest of you think this is a bad thing??

Hollywood - if you want to do a bit of rewording on that Post and send it to me in a PM I might could replace the original and reopen the Thread. That's up to you though...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
i for one could care less about any thread in the lounge section if it gets closed or not it isnt such a big deal , the way i see it any thread in the lounge section is subject to locking as none of it is "on topic" .

The main rule is the bigger the board the more everyone needs to be professional , look at nico sometime . I remeber a day when we had a section called "the ring" where I was allowed to run a-muck making fun of (aka flameing) anyone I wanted to. The whole prupose was to get members into nico . Once we made a magic number bandwidth wise the plug was pulled on the ring and we were all told to clean up or act , includeing one member who's name was Deesolballs . You think he stayed around ? NO , but with the numbers and sponsorship nico has to keep it afloat moneywise we had to be more PC and cut back on the flame wars. Sponsors/owners/percpective clients dont want there logo attached to a board that doesnt reflect themselves . Not to mention the fact that what you write on here it can be easily read by a 7 year old surfing the web , something I frequently forget .

I hate PC as much as the next guy , but by agreeing to the terms when i set my account up i became a guest and because of that i have to play by the rules of the house f i want to stay around .

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
the Sandman said:
Try to look past the insignificant minority that tries to make use of such an action to stir up ill will in the Community in order to further their own agendas. They complain about an "evil regime of little Hitlers" and "Thread Nazis" when in fact they are trying to act as "Moderators by Manipuation" - the tail trying to wag the dog. Just ignore them... :D
Ignoring the constituents is what created this situation in the first place. Beleive it or not, there are many others who care about this board. Open your eyes and you will see that.

You can spin this anyway you choose. I have a legitmate issue with how the closing of the thread was handled.

By not posting that YOU were closing the thread, it left it open for everyone to draw their own conclusions. Some drew the false conclusion that I closed the thread.

Maybe it's you trying to manipulate the people for your own purposes. Why else would you have chosen my post to be the last one? Why else would my questioning of how it was hanlded lead to yet another thread closure?

Pretty suspicious activities if you ask me.

See how ridiculous this paranoid conspiracy angle can get?

the Sandman said:
My intent is to try to maintain an air of maturity and sophistication consistent with the name Cadillac and with our membership. Aside from the obvious few, do the rest of you think this is a bad thing??...
I think reacting in a mature and sophisticated way would be a huge help. Dismissing peoples views and legitmate opinons isn't mature or sophisticated. Nor is trying to create division by lumping all of them together as agitators.

You are more mature and sophisticated than that, aren't you?

the Sandman said:
Hollywood - if you want to do a bit of rewording on that Post and send it to me in a PM I might could replace the original and reopen the Thread. That's up to you though...
See I told you so. He didn't know he was the offending party. Plus YOU could have given him this option without closing the thread.

By reacting in a mature and sophisticated manner, you could have prevented the agitators from speaking. So rather than falsely place blame on them, take responsibility and go forward.

Because if you have learned something, then this was all a fruitful excercise. If you continue to ignore these simple suggestions, then all of us will continue to suffer because of your stubborness.

So everyone go out and be mature and sophisticated, and offend no more.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn't mind rewording the thread at all. I think that HotRodSaint pretty much summed everything. After reading what I typed a few times, I guess that what I was saying would cause some sort of controversy. That wasn't my purpose though. Sorry guys.:canttalk:

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
I wouldn't mind rewording the thread at all.
That's cool! Just copy and paste it into a PM to me, make a couple of minor changes, and I'll insert it in place of the original and reopen the Thread.
After reading what I typed a few times, I guess that what I was saying would cause some sort of controversy. That wasn't my purpose though. Sorry guys. :canttalk:
Not a big deal. Thanks for being so reasonable. :)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
the Sandman said:
Not a big deal. Thanks for being so reasonable. :)
If I was paranoid, I would think this was a subliminal jab directed towards me. :sneaky:

But since I'm not paranoid...I need to ask that if this wasn't a big deal, then why lock it in the first place? :confused:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.