Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1995 SLS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1995 FSM, and yes, code P080 is "TP sensor/Idle learn not complete".
  • I have a question about the to sensor/idle learn not complete .....does my ac have to be working for me to complete this idle relearn
My car is a 1995 Cadillac Seville sls 4.6 and only code I'm throwing up is a p080 and my idle is around 1600 to 2000 rpm slamming into gear but code p076 is history please help

I'm experiencing 200 rpm idle and hard shifts I also hear a whistle I'm thinking overpressure relief valve and I have traction control disabled with p080 fuel system rich

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,617 Posts
My car is a 1995 Cadillac Seville sls 4.6 and only code I'm throwing up is a p080 and my idle is around 1600 to 2000 rpm slamming into gear but code p076 is history please help
you might want to start a new thread. This one is 13 years old and the OP hasn't logged on in 6 years.

(Moderator edit: Posts moved and merged from a long dead thread. Sub.)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,666 Posts
Looks like you have some hands-on diagnosis and repair on your hands.

This OBD1 list gives a different 080 code definition. (It's possible that the OBD1 codes changed by model year ..........)

·
1995 SLS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I called the dealership and they said no dealership in the country has one is there anyone that you know of that has replaced this "fuel pressure relief valve" on the side of the intake manifold opposite of the throttle body and how they did it. My car is still idiling high between 1500 and 2000 rpm this is my daily driver and she is drinking like a fish I just put another icm ground cable in but no change in the tremble I still feel .....it has new fpr, fp, ff,spk plugs,wires,egr,pcv, coolant crossover gaskets,clean tb,water pump and all gaskets going to it,I even swapped icm only thing I have not done is switch coil packs I would need to know how to test them and the injectors

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,666 Posts
No such thing as a "fuel pressure relief" valve as such on the Northstars. There is a Fuel Rail Test Port used for pressure testing. (The reference in Rock Auto is incorrectly labeled and misleading) That test port and its Schrader valve have nothing to do with fuel rail or injector pressure - it is used to connect a pressure test gauge for diagnostics only.

There is a Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) in the fuel rail - that's what controls system fuel pressure by sensing fuel flow requirements and bypassing excess fuel back to the tank. The fuel pump runs all the time with a max dead head pressure of over 100 psi. The FPR is what keeps the rail pressure at the specified 41 - 47 psi at all times.

High idle would be caused by improper ISC settings, vacuum leaks, or sticking throttle cable/butterfly. Partially open throttle.

ISC - Idle Speed Control - is a mechanical solenoid and plunger on your early Northstar throttlebody. How to set it is in the GM service manuals.

Have you taken the advice offered weeks ago and purchased either a GM/Cadillac/Helm service manual set off eBay or subscribed the car to www.alldatadiy.com, the online Cadillac service manuals? Until you do, and study up on your car and its systems, you're flying blind.

Study this, too - https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/acronyms.1091607/
It's one of those stickies up there ^ ^ ^ that you're supposed to read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts