Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old friend PO741 came back today. Cleared it once more. No other codes, no malfunctions, transmission functions great so I've decided to just live with it, clear it when it pops up, and keep driving. BTW, when it popped up today I was in a parking lot, waiting for the wife, and thinking to myself that I could not hear or feel the engine running at 650rpm. It's just that smooth.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
The TCC failure codes (most common are P 0741 and P 1860) will usually set on or after the second driving event over 43 mph after having cleared codes. It takes two "tries" to engage TCC - solenoid operation and rpm comparisons - before the code(s) set.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting that I've never had the P1860 (TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical) . The P 0741 (P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off) is only popping up about once a month or so.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
You and "your old friend" will eventually become very close. At some point he will be a daily visitor and your "friendship" will become strained at best (guess how I know). You will become very adept at clearing the code. I can now do it while driving without even taking my eyes off the road.

interesting that I've never had the P1860 (TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical)
That is not odd at all. P1860 is for the TCC solenoid and will also trip the P0741 code. P0741 alone points to an internal leak and minor TC slippage.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can now do it while driving without even taking my eyes off the road.
Never tried it will driving, but i would have thought that function would be locked out while the car is in motion. Thanks Sub and Ranger for the comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts