Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a weird week. I've a 2008 CTS4 DI that earlier this week the check engine light blinked 3 times and then went out (indicating a misfire as I understand). Ran it for a day planning on doing spark plugs over the weekend. Before I could though, it threw a p430 so I figured I probably blew the cat. Well I just did the spark plugs, cleared the code, and took it for a maybe 10 mile drive with no issues. When I got back I plugged in my code reader and IMMEDIATELY upon doing so the DIC flashed SERVICE STABILITRAK SYSTEM, I read the code and it says p700,. I cleared it, went for another drive got back and upon plugging in the code reader it did the same thing. I cleared the code. I'm not getting even a pending p430 anymore either. Any ideas as to what I should do next? Fearing I may have pulled a wire when changing the spark plugs since this is an issue I've never had prior to replacing the plugs, and the immediacy of its appearance afterward.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,507 Posts

P0700 code definition
P0700 is a generic OBD-II code that is indicating a fault within the transmission control system. This code may be seen with shift solenoid codes or other transmission codes.

What the P0700 code means
P0700 is set when the PCM detects a malfunction in the transmission control system. This malfunction causes the vehicle to set a Check Engine Light and trigger a failsafe mode. Once the failsafe mode is set it will remain until the fault is repaired or normal operation is detected.

What causes the P0700 code?
  • Faulty transmission control module
  • Transmission valve body fault
  • Shift solenoid issues
  • Open or short in the wiring harness
What are the symptoms of the P0700 code?
  • Check Engine Light displayed on the dashboard
  • Poor gas mileage
  • Transmission shifting problems
  • Engine stalling, running poorly, or dying

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
4,310 Posts
Really need something that can read the specific codes. As indicated P700 is one of those generic codes that indicates a bus/comm issue but need to know exactly what and that will require an in-depth scan tool.

The most cost-effective one I know of is the Autel Diaglink with the GM module.

I would look for a connector issue where you were working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts