Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00 DTS (193,000 )
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car back from a tranny swap and got this code. PCM p 300 Misfire. My friend let me borrow his scanner and p307 is up.
Change spark plug on # 7 since the old one had the ceramic crack. Swap boots, ,there is no sign of corrosion in the cassette and I can
hear the injector working on #7. Wonder what is going on ,because got the correct Delco plug and everything got back by the book.
I can feel the car missing and the code come back after erase. Need advice.

Thanks in advance,

Al

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,841 Posts
Given the ceramic crack and its possibility of carbon tracking the boot - did you also change the boot ?

............ a tracked boot is useless, and is the corresponding coil cassette plug connector absolutely virgin ? If that coil connector insulation (the plastic at the metal tower) looks fuzzy or darkened it's cassette time.

Attachments

·
Registered
00 DTS (193,000 )
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is Insulation on the cassette looks yellow (amber) ? Some boots were swap with spare ones and I place the boot from 1 on 7
just to make sure... I try a different cassette and check back.

·
Registered
00 DTS (193,000 )
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on the money Sub. Change cassette and all good. I will post a pic of the old cassette.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
69,841 Posts
The coil cassettes and the ICMs in our cars are identical - color only is different. If the spirit moves you, lay in a couple of cassettes and ICMs from swap meets or junkyard crawls.

Attachments

·
Registered
00 DTS (193,000 )
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
photo.JPG
Old cassette from 99. After closer inspection found a little crack in the area of the misfire.

·
Administrator
69,841 Posts
??? 1999 had a totally different ignition system - 4 coils, 8 plug wires, waste spark, single ICM with the coils mounted on it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts