Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep.... Been sick for about 3 months straight now and they finally took my tonsils out yesturday. I'm kinda relieved that they did. I don't ever want to have to go through that peritonsillar abscess thing again. When they lanced the abscess it was MUCH more painful than what I'm going through right now with them taken out.... I'm aching for a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger though, but all I can eat right now are these jello packs. lol.. I can't wait till I can eat real food again.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
I had my tonsils removed at the age of 23. Remember hearing about eating ice cream after a tonsillectomy (sp)? Bullshit!!!! It hurts to eat or drink anything for at least four days. But you fing what hurts least and go for it. Here is to wishing you a fast recovery and a nice cheeseburger very soon.

Don

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Hope you feel better soon, Krashed.

·
Premium Member
2019 RAM Rebel & 1995 Jeep Wrangler (fully built)
12,114 Posts
Had my tonsils out as a young adult too. It sux to be you right now. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.... Yeah they gave me some pretty powerful pain medicine, which doesn't really kill much of the pain at all. Liquid tylenol with codeine.. All it does is f$#k me up to the point where I almost don't care about the pain. lol...

Dadillac, I know what you mean man... I thought I would be able to eat ice cream right after but nooo... They said I can't eat dairy products for 3 days... I've been living off of water, crushed ice cubes, and jello since the surgery. It sucks.

rp64ctsv said:
Mind over matter bro!Eat that cheesburger,block the pain out.
lmao! I WISH!

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
No kidding here,I have a buddy who's kid got some kind of cootie.His throat was so sore he couldn't swallow at all for 3 days!This kid is tough!but for 3 days he was bent over breathing only thru his nose drooling in a cup,no shit!I feel for ya bro.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No kidding here,I have a buddy who's kid got some kind of cootie.His throat was so sore he couldn't swallow at all for 3 days!This kid is tough!but for 3 days he was bent over breathing only thru his nose drooling in a cup,no shit!I feel for ya bro.
That's how I was when I had the abscess. My left tonsil swelled up to the point where I couldn't eat anything, I couldn't really talk, and it was getting hard to breathe. That's when i decidedd to go to the ER. When I got there they were surprised that I drove myself and said that if I waited a couple more days it would've completely blocked my airway and I would've died. Then they gave me a shot of morphine and shot up the area with novacaine (sp?) and sprayed this topical number on it and proceeded to slice it open while a nurse held a suction tube getting all the blood and puss from it. Afterwards we all thought it was over, they let me go to the bathroom to get changed out of the gown and stuff. Then they needed me to sign another paper so I walked over to the counter and started signing it when I started feeling really light headed and then fainted. The nurse there caught my head so I didn't hit it on anything when I dropped. When I woke up there was a group of doctors and nurses hovering over me and I was on the floor. Then I had to lay in the bed for a little while longer till my blood pressure went back up. While I was laying there a doctor came by to check on how my tonsil was and noticed it had actually swelled up more. So they rushed me back over to the table. It was too soon for them to give me any more pain meds, but the ones they gave me before wore off already. so they again sprayed tht topical number on it and cut it open again to drain it more. This time it was excrutiatingly painful. I almost broke the rail on the side of the bed because I was grabbing it and really tense.... After that they decide to admit me... So I stayed at the hospital for 3 days... That was the 25th of March when that happened. Painful painful painful...

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
**** dude!That sucks,well---------- I hope your on the road to recovery now.You made my throat hurt!

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,707 Posts
Crap almighty! First steak is on me, when you're able to able to eat one!

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Used to have chronic tonsilitis. Had mine out when i was 15. All i remember is then shooting me up with some stuff and then putting the gas on me,apparently i was hitting on the nurses. I woke up and drank some water and ice. They precribed me Hydrocodone/Lortab elixer. That stuff is no joke. I would go to fridge and swig out of the bottle. I remember sitting on the couch and felt like i was floating out of my body,it was sweet. My throat was sore for about a month,but i was eating normaly and up on my feet within a few days or a week. Hope all goes well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts