Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 SLS, 63 Sedan De Ville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B2419 code that I'd like to override. My twilight sentinal sensor is defective and I never have used that function anyway. It's the only code I have and of course, it sets off the SES light. When I go into the codes, it appears that you can override a number of IPC signal inputs. How to do it though? :hmm:

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,623 Posts
Just turn off the twilight sentinel feature. Like Jim said, a "B" code will not set the SES light.

·
Registered
1997 Deville Concours
41 Posts
I've been getting that code for the past couple of weeks since I removed the Twilight Photocell. It had gone bad and was causing the lighting system to go into daylight mode even when it was pitch black at night: dim headlights, no instrument panel lights or interior courtesy lights.

By pulling the sensor, I now have manual control of the headlights at full brightness, constant dash lights, and interior courtesy lights when i exit the vehicle. I find it odd that I did not get an error code with the failing sensor in place, but only when I completely removed it. And for the record, I've never had the SES light come on relative to that, only when I had a bad ignition coil.

I can't believe that shirt button sized sensor retails for almost $60. The best price I've been able to find is $31 plus shipping and sales tax from GMPartsdirect.com. At that price, I think I just might be able to live with a manual headlight system and an error code until I happen to score one at a junkyard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts