Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Been lurking for a while and managed to bring my car back to life reading this forum. Fixed all the little electrical issues and my car is now 100 percent functional. Thanks.

I’ve only had the car about two months. It’s a one owner 1994 Deville with 108k. It’s in really good condition. I drove it back and forth to Atlanta from Chattanooga about 5 times when I first bought it without any problems. Then the radiator plug popped out. I replaced it with the help of a more experienced friend and we put it all back together. Didn’t flush or burp the coolant system when we put it back together. I’m not sure if that’s what caused it, but it overheats after about 4 miles.

I took the radiator out because it appeared to be leaking from the bottom right side. I didn’t drive it far while it was overheating. I pulled all the hoses off the radiator and it appeared that oil was coming out of some of them. Is that normal? Did I blow a head gasket? I’m not terrible experienced but I’ve done stuff like changing break pads oil and suspension parts. I can turn a wrench but I really don’t know what direction to go it. I didn’t buy this a a daily driver so i have tine to learn. Any would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,194 Posts
Didn’t flush or burp the coolant system when we put it back together. I’m not sure if that’s what caused it, but it overheats after about 4 miles.
If there was air in the system, it would work it's way out after several drive cycles and top offs.

I pulled all the hoses off the radiator and it appeared that oil was coming out of some of them. Is that normal?
No

Did I blow a head gasket?
Do a block test to find out.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
"all the hoses off the radiator and oil...." - transmission fluid from the driver's side cooler?

Special ordered car with V03 HD cooling - engine oil cooler in the right (passenger side) end tank?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Yes - that's HD Cooling, which included an engine oil cooler in the passenger side radiator end tank. Two hard/flex lines snaking around to the oil filter adapter area.

Many replacement radiators include the oil cooler but if the car was not special ordered with the option then you simply leave the radiator cooler fittings open.

Look at the pictures (the INFO tabs) for your radiator replacements in www.rockauto.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes - that's HD Cooling, which included an engine oil cooler in the passenger side radiator end tank. Two hard/flex lines snaking around to the oil filter adapter area.

Many replacement radiators include the oil cooler but if the car was not special ordered with the option then you simply leave the radiator cooler fittings open.

Look at the pictures (the INFO tabs) for your radiator replacements in www.rockauto.com

According to that website I guess it is the hd cooling version. 🤣😂🤣

I thought the head gasket blew I’m glad I consulted y’all. Thanks. Still don’t know why it’s overheating though. I think I’m gonna just replace the water pump radiator and thermostat at the same time while she’s out of commission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts