Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperture is reading high, tried a search for outside temperture sensor but did not find any good information.
Does anyone know the location og the sensor?
Thanks

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Behind the grille, in front of the radiator.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I had the same prob today. I was idleing for a long time while parked, and all of a sudden the temp gauge jumps to 50 degrees C! Then down to 6, then 7 and held there!? It was not until I drove again that it read the correct temp, and it took a short time to correct itself. Do these sensors need airflow to read accurately? Can they get hot by idleing?

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Correct, thats why they are in FRONT of the radiator, so they get accurate ambient air before it gets heated up by the radiator. When you sit there idling, it makes the air around the sensor pretty warm until the fans kick in.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
DaveSmed said:
Correct, thats why they are in FRONT of the radiator, so they get accurate ambient air before it gets heated up by the radiator. When you sit there idling, it makes the air around the sensor pretty warm until the fans kick in.
Thanks Dave, I'll assume it is ok. Keeping in mind it was -20 F today when it happened, and I thought that would be too cold for rad heat to affect the sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts