Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.5, Black Raven (ext) - Jet Black (int)
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2008 STS a little over a month now and I'm really impressed with the std. Bose audio system. I know this system gets mixed reviews, but I like it. I actually think it sounds better than the std. 10-speaker, 160 watt system in my Audi. (I just wish the Bose had a usb or SD card input like my Audi.)

Does anyone know what the output wattage is on this std. Bose system? I've done searches on here and Google and not come up with anything.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Gary7 said:
I've had my 2008 STS a little over a month now and I'm really impressed with the std. Bose audio system. I know this system gets mixed reviews, but I like it. I actually think it sounds better than the std. 10-speaker, 160 watt system in my Audi. (I just wish the Bose had a usb or SD card input like my Audi.) Does anyone know what the output wattage is on this std. Bose system? I've done searches on here and Google and not come up with anything.
325 watts through both the 10 and 15 speaker systems.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Is that IHF, RMS or peak "watts" ? :rolleyes:

The 8-speaker Bose in the Sevilles was rated at what ......... 425 "watts" ?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.5, Black Raven (ext) - Jet Black (int)
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
325 watts through both the 10 and 15 speaker systems.
I thought my std. system had 8 speakers: 1 in each door, 2 tweeters on each side of the dash, 1 mid-range in the center of the dash, and the subwoofer in the rear shelf.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Gary7 said:
I thought my std. system had 8 speakers: 1 in each door, 2 tweeters on each side of the dash, 1 mid-range in the center of the dash, and the subwoofer in the rear shelf.
Correct. Forgot the 8 didn't get the 2 speakers on the rear shelf on each side of the sub

----------

Submariner409 said:
Is that IHF, RMS or peak "watts" ? :rolleyes: The 8-speaker Bose in the Sevilles was rated at what ......... 425 "watts" ?
Correct

The 15 speaker system however utilizes a 325 watt main amp and then 3 seperate mini amps for each of the door woofers and rear deck sub while the Seville Bose used 1 amp for all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts