Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
doesnt the song say red flag sticker on a cadillac....maybe i havent heard it in a while
Nope, it's Dead Head, meaning a fan of the band "The Grateful Dead." I think the irony in the song was Don Henley was a little like a Hippie, and one would NEVER expect a Cadillac owner to be a Dead Head. ;) Maybe on a VW camper van. :yup:

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wasnt it the ataris that did that ? i belive it went "black flag " sticker on a cadillac , a nod to one of my favorite old skool punk bands

there have been sevreal remakes of the song , dj sammy and yanou also remade it , her voice in that remake is what makes it so good tho

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
Nope, it's Dead Head, meaning a fan of the band "The Grateful Dead." I think the irony in the song was Don Henley was a little like a Hippie, and one would NEVER expect a Cadillac owner to be a Dead Head. ;) Maybe on a VW camper van. :yup:

You win Ralph...In an interview a few years ago, Henley mentioned that he does most of his writing while driving and that he did in fact see a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac and was struck by the irony of that. Also inspiring the line about " Those days are gone forever".....etc.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
kcnewell said:
Also inspiring the line about " Those days are gone forever".....etc.
I'm putting a 'Moon Equip' sticker on mine as soon as I get home in 2 weeks.

But Black Flag sticker sounds fun too. Or even a peace sign.

Hey, how about a green peace sticker on a 13mpg Fleetwood!?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I think Hot Rods Green Peace sticker is a funny idea, it would have a lot of people scratching their heads! You don't see too many environmentalists driving anything with more than 4 clyenders. Then again, most people probably don't care.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sheesh, are the dead so far out of date that those are the only words that are changed in the remakes of Henley's song. Just doesn't seem right...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow it has been over a year , no wonder why the sticker on the car is all faded and chipped .....got replacements on the way ...2 true headheads and one of them caddy ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts