Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was Friday, on my way to Tampa Int'l... I was flying there (tho I had plenty of time turns out)

saw this, and I was like woha, so I pulled out the camera....

1969/1970, I think it's a '70... has Noo Joysee plates... 3 old guys in it, I passed by and gave them the thumbs up, they nodded.... my '79 going down the road is big... but damn, this thing is just massive... the front end is huge, the grille is huge... the car was bouncing over the expansion joints and it just looked as if you didn't get out of its way, it would make you get outta its way :)

Very cool, never see them on the road anymore... it wasn't perfect.. but it was a driver, that IMO is flat out cool :)

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
The Greatful Dead. Hippies put vinyl stickers of that skull thing on their cars.

The 1970 is my favorite body. I love the outside of that car from every angle, I just don't know why the DeVilles have just crests and no V's...... That car needs V's.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Yup, it's a '70 DeVille! The '69 would not have the bottom part of the tail lights :)
I love those big ol' cars! And I noticed those are much appreciated even in the US still. And I grinn ear to ear too, when people give me thumbs up when they pass my '70 on the freeway... :D

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Everytime I see a pic of one of these it makes me want that '69 by my house..... I should swing by to see if it's still there.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Stone I recall a dead head sticker on the back of your caddy.. :)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
God those 68-70 devilles are such a mob car!

Rick, since you were in New Jersey, were the 3 guys in the car mobsters?

haha jk

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
God those 68-70 devilles are such a mob car!
Rick, since you were in New Jersey, were the 3 guys in the car mobsters?
haha jk
He was in FL heading to the airport, and saw the car with NJ plates.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
slk230mb said:
He was in FL heading to the airport, and saw the car with NJ plates.
A lot of mobsters vacation in Florida ;)

Al Capone for example!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup, the car was in FL.

It was a Sedan... looked nice...

it was just a basic Sedan DeVille... but still... for these cars, 2 door/4 door really dosn't matter... they are just freakin beasts!

so nice...

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, reading that first post, I can see how it may be confusing :)

I was driving from Clearwater to Tampa... when I said flying there... I ment I was running the Caddy alot harder then normal to get there on time ;) I still had a whole hour tho... eh, an excuse to drive fast is always a good thing tho :)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
The 69-70 devilles look very aggressive and menacing with that monster grille and sharp edged styling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts