Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 SedanDeville
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night my wife was out and some guy in a rush tried to go around her and misjudged his steering and hit our car. My wife was ok but he damaged the front marker/corner lamp and cracked and dented the bumper:mad:
The guy who im sure does not have a license assured my wife he would pay all costs(since was only minor) if the police and insurance companys werent involved. So my wife being trusting exchanged numbers tags numbers etc... and off she went. Well now the clown insists he wont pay for the parts because after all his car was damaged too.(yet this was his fault) I even found a white bumper and the light for 150.00 at a local junkyard. Talk about cheap and no paint work involved it does not get any better. What should i do at this point as im sure its too late to notify the police?

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
mikes93sedandeville said:
The other night my wife was out and some guy in a rush tried to go around her and misjudged his steering and hit our car. My wife was ok but he damaged the front marker/corner lamp and cracked and dented the bumper:mad:
The guy who im sure does not have a license assured my wife he would pay all costs(since was only minor) if the police and insurance companys werent involved. So my wife being trusting exchanged numbers tags numbers etc... and off she went. Well now the clown insists he wont pay for the parts because after all his car was damaged too.(yet this was his fault) I even found a white bumper and the light for 150.00 at a local junkyard. Talk about cheap and no paint work involved it does not get any better. What should i do at this point as im sure its too late to notify the police?
Sounds like a hit and run to me. Did she get the license plate? It's not too late to call the cops. Then he'll really not have a license.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Claim as hit and run. Slam him!

Find out where he lives, talk to the local cops there, they will harrass him for a long time for doing something like that.

My neighbor did a hit and run and they cops are still watching them like a hawk. They were drunk one night and came around the corner and broadsided/sideswiped our Suburban.

Insurance paid, but they haven't yet. Cops are the ones who found them. They remember things like that...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,795 Posts
I'd cal the police and explain it to them and see what they say. If they say it is too late, call him back and tell him if he does not cough up the money, you will call the police and claim hit and run. Tell him you have a witness who will swear to it. I'd bet he comes around. Last resort is always revenge.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Slam his ass into the ground, Call the cops and rat his ass out. Even if you don't get anything to fix the car, the satisfaction of ruining him will feed the hunger you most likely have for revenge. Bring him down any way you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts