Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
What??? I haven't read these articles, but how awful!!!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I was one of the members fortunate enough to have met JD at the past three Chicago meets, including one just three weeks ago. He was a great guy. Lots of fun, very knowledgeable about cars, and he treated his 1990 Brougham like royalty. He even watched my dog while I played golf with gary88 at the meet last August. We will miss you terribly, JD. Godspeed and rest in peace.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
R.I.P Dirt Cheap :( My heart goes out to his friends and family during this time of loss. Although I only new him from his posts here and not personally, I'm sure he'll be missed.

Out of respect for his friends and family who might read this thread, since it is a public forum, let's please keep the comments positive and remember the good stuff he left us.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He was truly one of the kindest, most trust worthy, easiest going people I've ever met. Very smart and witty as well. Godspeed old friend. It won't be the same around here without you.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
God bless you, JD. We'll miss you around here.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
How did you hear, Chad?

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
I believe JD's relative notified Jesda, Hueterm.

·
Registered
2004 Seville SLS
435 Posts
wow, that sucks. I didn't know him beyond his posts but he was definitely an asset to the site and will be missed. I hope his family and friends are doing well.

On a 2nd note man there are some jerks on those new sites..

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
That is so terrible -- for it to be over so young. Hopefully he didn't suffer..

Do they know how it happened? Had he been drinking? Were the roads bad? The articles only say it was a high speed crash....

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts

·
Registered
1993 CDV 102k
982 Posts
Only met him a couple times. John was always a blast to be around. I was fourtunate enough to share a ride through chicago with him. It snowed and we were in the beater Isuzu with two working brakes and one speaker. Still cranked the radio and had a good time. We lost a fellow junkie. I miss the guy.

Thanks for the text Chad.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
I'm glad I got to meet him a couple of times, an incredibly nice and smart guy who will be missed greatly by many. RIP :(

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll never forget the time he raced his dad's Econoline at the track. That was awesome.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I'll never forget the time he raced his dad's Econoline at the track. That was awesome.
I wish I could have seen that in person. That tells you just what a fun, car-crazy guy JD was. What did he race against?

1 - 20 of 251 Posts