Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was passing on the inside,(you have to do that in CA or you'll never get by) when, unsighted, I drove over what looked like a fender. Ripped the front spoiler and dislodged the muffler. I wanted to blame the guy in front of me, but I really can’t. When I come up on something in the road I always swerve so the person behind is aware something is in the road. Maybe he didn’t see it.

Header money is going for a new spoiler.

Anyone replace a front spoiler? If so, how much was it?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
Ouch... Gonna need a whole new front bumper.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
That's a one piecer, but I think that Specter Works sells a chin spoiler that you might get to cover that damage and add some downforce.

Picture courtesy of the FAQ.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
^^^ thats a great idea, cheaper by far and get some new looks....there are plenty of ways to "mend" that crack if you are going to put the splitter over it

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
I too would go with the splitter.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Go back to OEM. I think the splitter is a little tacky, personally :duck:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to take the bumper off today and make sure nothing else is broken. Probably do the fog lights at that point. Maybe I’ll find that ¼ socket I lost down the front of the car last year. It appears to be ripped and twisted. I’m not sure whether the splitter will hold it in place.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Don't think Specter Werkes has any more of those splitters. MescalVto bought the last one, and that one was of Jeff's (the owner's) wife's car.

Sorry 'bout the bumper, btw.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my front fascia in on Tuesday, dropped if off to be painted on Wednesday, picked it up on Thursday and installed it on Saturday. I had been driving my Mountaineer for three weeks and was very happy to finally get back in the V.

While I had the nose off, I replaced the fogs with DDM 35W 8k HID’s. Turns out DDM is less than 2 miles from my house, so I just drove over and picked them up.

I mounted the ballast similar to CTSV154. .

Looks like he used pop rivets. I couldn’t find my rivet gun so I used industrial strength Velcro to hold them in place then drilled holes on all fours sides and used zip ties to cinch then in. I had to relocate the ballast on the driver’s side fog since it was hanging up on a bracket on the front of the car. It was keeping the fascia front clearing the drivers side headlight.

If I had to do it again I think I would have gotten the 6k’s instead of the 8k’s. The 8k’s seem to overpower the headlights.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Cool. How much was the front bumper?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GM parts direct was the best deal I could find. It was $442 + 180 shipping = 622. The dealer here in San Diego wanted $710 before tax. So it would have been around 780 if I would have bought it here locally.

The guy who painted it said he could have gotten it for $450.00 and would have only marked it up 10%. So the cheapest way would be to take if off myself (as I did) and take to to the body shop to order and paint. Then re-install it myself. That would have saved me another $120.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis
906 Posts
looks sharp ! - again. The advise about the 6/8K bulbs is very helpful. I'm strongly considering the same thing, except for running something over on the road... :spin:

How much the lights set you back? you just film or spray the amber on the fogs?

·
Registered
2011 Vagon TG, Black, Roof, Suede Wheel and Shifter, Polishe
204 Posts
Time for a clear bra...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks sharp ! - again. The advise about the 6/8K bulbs is very helpful. I'm strongly considering the same thing, except for running something over on the road... :spin:

How much the lights set you back? you just film or spray the amber on the fogs?
~ $65. Before tax or shipping. DDM Tuning

My Fog housings are stock. CTSV154 has the aftermarket lenses. I thought about doing that to, but at this point I just wanted to put the car back together.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool. How much was the front bumper?
GM Direct - $442 + 180 shipping = 622
I also had to pick it up at the local Fedex Freight Service Center. It barely fit in the Mountaineer.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Rand49er

Don't think Specter Werkes has any more of those splitters. MescalVto bought the last one, and that one was of Jeff's (the owner's) wife's car.

Sorry 'bout the bumper, btw.
We are still making them, sent two out today.

Will we see you at the Woodward Cruise Open house again this year?? When we finalize the dates I will post them up.

$595

1 - 18 of 18 Posts