Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a few design changes along the way, so it took a little longer than I would have thought. And I still have some MAF bugs to work out. I'm getting a P0102 code. I had to extend the wiring harness to accommodate its new location. I gotta double check that in the morning. Hopefully, it's that or the sensor just needs some cleaning after the new filter install.

Anyway, I decided to go for a 'ram air' design. So my original idea of 2 small filters was change to 1 bigger one. It's definitely louder now. The whole engine seems to be louder, not just the sucking sound. I'll give an update as far as SOTP power gains as soon as I figure this MAF situation out.

Here's some pics:

Jon

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
VERY cool....

but like big jim said, watch out 4 water... especailly when washing the car....

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
WOW that radiator is low. I'd say what out for potholes and curbs more than puddles! Awesome idea though! Points for creativity!!!

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you need a power steering cooler...and to stay away from puddles...

I still have it, its mounted where the airbox use to be. And I can hit puddles, just not the person in front of me.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,706 Posts
Turned out really good. Should not be a probably with water. Nice C5 intake piping as the ram air setup makes about 20 hp on the C5, probably more for your setup.

Norm

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got to try it out in the rain today. No problems so far. I also got the MAf to quit throwing codes. It seems to pull a little harder in third otherwise not much difference. Though I did already have a ram air setup. It seemed to have a few flat spots. I probably just need to refresh my tune, since adding this and the headers/no cats.

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
just saw the set up at the NC area meet....very cool. Car sounds awesome. When its just the guys, I wouldn't mind a ride :)

T

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, when it ain't rainin

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
sweet setup bro...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
69 Posts
very cool setup!

how high off the ground is the radiator now? might copy your setup but will def give youall the credit, no worries! :)

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Cherries............ all three of them.

Although I've resurrected some old stuff myself.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Cherries............ all three of them.

Although I've resurrected some old stuff myself.
Yeah you know I'd laugh but I actually never saw this thread so the bump wasn't a bad one for me.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Do want.

Bump for more info.

Custom brackets are what dimension? What size is the radiator? What intake piping is that? Where's the MAF located? You had to gain HP....how much?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
1. Enough for the stock radiator to clear the Vette intake
2. See 1.
3. See 1.
4. At the end of the Vette duct, behind the hood latch.
5. Ludicrous speed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts