Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2010 SRX Premium, over 80K now, still under CPO. If I did not have CPO, I would be out over 9K in repairs. Car is mint interior and out, however the failure of components are unreal. Looking to trade it in for a 2013 / 2014. Like the car, like the options, but I must just have a lemon. Last items repaired. Timing Chain, Rear wheel bearing and Rear wheel sensor. Only 2 months left on CPO.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
3.6 engine is the big addition starting in 2012 model year. The 2013 Cadillac SRX receives a new electronics interface. Called CUE, this touchscreen system operates via voice command or smartphone-like hand gestures. The 2013 SRX also has new safety features, an active noise-cancellation system to reduce wind and road noise, and subtly restyled front and rear fascias.

The new-for-2013 Driver Assist and Driver Awareness packages introduce automatic-braking technologies that help to reduce the chance of low-speed impacts. The 2013 SRX also joins Cadillac's XTS and ATS sedans in using the new, vibrating Safety Alert Seat to warn that the car's sensors have detected an impending dangerous situation. The optional wiggle-my-seat warning system might not appeal to everyone (it can be turned off), but it is a unique approach.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
Now would be a good time to buy a 2013 or newer. I think you will notice a lot of improvements. We have a '13 and love it. The CUE is one of the features that I am glad we have.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info, I am most interested in the Driver Assist and Driver Awareness packages. Will the system warn only or actively apply the brakes.

----------

Looking at 2, 2013's Premium AWD. Why do the tail lights look different? Also, is silver the Champagne color, its hard to tell by the photos I'm looking at... Is the Driver Awareness package standard on the 2013?

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
Driver Awareness won't apply the brakes.

Driver Assist will.

I believe Driver Assist also includes Adaptive Cruise Ctrl, but I only have the Awareness Package, so I can't comment from experience re: the Assist features.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
0 Posts
Are you looking at pictures or the real taillight. 2010 and 2015 have the same part number #22774014 Don't think they changed
Great info, I am most interested in the Driver Assist and Driver Awareness packages. Will the system warn only or actively apply the brakes.

----------

Looking at 2, 2013's Premium AWD. Why do the tail lights look different? Also, is silver the Champagne color, its hard to tell by the photos I'm looking at... Is the Driver Awareness package standard on the 2013?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I found out they have a tail light upgrade, clear lenses instead of red. They look nice. They did away with the Sandy Mist color, so they are silver. It was a bit confusing decoding all the upgrade features, but I'm going for the Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruse, Lane guidance. Wow, nice upgrade from 2010.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, I drove a loaner with the 3.6, wow, what a difference, night and day. The car is a DD for my wife, so the 3.0 was not an issue coming from a minivan with 190k on that baby....

About to sign a deal for a 2013, all options except rear entertainment. I was surprised to get a trade-in offer of 19,500- with over 80K on the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts