Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impressive for sure BUT they make it sound like it's just a tune and tires.... and it's not.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Granatelli said:
the Charger is nice but not comparable.
^This is all that needs to be said.

The same conversations took place in the V2 forums when the Hellcat was released. Some wanted to draw comparisons, but for most of us the differences were apparent and numerous enough to disqualify the Hellcat as competition for the V2's. For the V3's, the differences are even greater.

The Hellcat is a one trick pony while the V3 is a Lipizzan stallion.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
140 mph takes 900hp at 4200 lbs. Thats way more than a tune.
The people that posted the video state what was done to the car in their description. It's more than a tune and the tune they are using is no way using pump fuel.

My post was nothing more than to show it's 1/4 mile speed/time. By no means is this meant to be some sort of comparison post. Because it's not. If others want to make a comparison then that's on them.

·
Registered
Escalade Platinum 2012 & 2015, 2016 CTS-V
48 Posts
The people that posted the video state what was done to the car in their description. It's more than a tune and the tune they are using is no way using pump fuel.

My post was nothing more than to show it's 1/4 mile speed/time. By no means is this meant to be some sort of comparison post. Because it's not. If others want to make a comparison then that's on them.
I am with you pal - Its all good. still takes 900hp to push 4200 140 in the 1/4. AND 900 is alot in anyones book. I am happy for the old lady that has a 9 second Charger and I would love to take it for a spin - then give it back.

I work on LS based engines everyday and 800 rwhp is pretty normal. In fact we offer a a package that produces 860 crank and 750 rwhp in the NEW SS sedan. We've done 6 of them. On drag radials they run consistent 10.2 at 136 with the best being 10.02 at 141 at 3800lbs. He pretty much stripped to car to get there.

I think the SS sedan is the best bang for the buck bar none. The car does everything right. Its not quite a CTS-V but better than a hellcat and really the same price once we do all our work. Car is 45k and our conversion is 25k. At 70k its a real poor mans CTS-V. Best of all they sound tame.

My CTS-V V3 is now making 720 rwhp and the SS still eats it alive. The Caddy is still a Caddy and still the best driving insanely fast 4 door as a whole

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I am with you pal - Its all good. still takes 900hp to push 4200 140 in the 1/4. AND 900 is alot in anyones book. I am happy for the old lady that has a 9 second Charger and I would love to take it for a spin - then give it back.

I work on LS based engines everyday and 800 rwhp is pretty normal. In fact we offer a a package that produces 860 crank and 750 rwhp in the NEW SS sedan. We've done 6 of them. On drag radials they run consistent 10.2 at 136 with the best being 10.02 at 141 at 3800lbs. He pretty much stripped to car to get there.

I think the SS sedan is the best bang for the buck bar none. The car does everything right. Its not quite a CTS-V but better than a hellcat and really the same price once we do all our work. Car is 45k and our conversion is 25k. At 70k its a real poor mans CTS-V. Best of all they sound tame.

My CTS-V V3 is now making 720 rwhp and the SS still eats it alive. The Caddy is still a Caddy and still the best driving insanely fast 4 door as a whole
Yeah, the SS is like the reincarnation of the original V. Just better baked without Caddy cache...

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
4,561 Posts
^This is all that needs to be said.

The same conversations took place in the V2 forums when the Hellcat was released. Some wanted to draw comparisons, but for most of us the differences were apparent and numerous enough to disqualify the Hellcat as competition for the V2's. For the V3's, the differences are even greater.
The Hellcat is a one trick pony while the V3 is a Lipizzan stallion.
What entertaining debates they must have been.
It really says a lot about how people actually use their cars when the top thread in the CTS-V performance section is one about 1/4 mile times.

Yeah, the SS is like the reincarnation of the original V. Just better baked without Caddy cache...
Driving dynamics alone historically don't make a car great or even remember-able. It's really been beaten to a dead horse by now but I would humbly consider myself an above average car enthusiast and even I have trouble spotting an SS out of a pack of Malibu's from the front. The Pontiac G8 GXP is a better comparison with the V1, same parts, and at least it looked the part.

·
Registered
Escalade Platinum 2012 & 2015, 2016 CTS-V
48 Posts
Driving dynamics alone historically don't make a car great or even remember-able. It's really been beaten to a dead horse by now but I would humbly consider myself an above average car enthusiast and even I have trouble spotting an SS out of a pack of Malibu's from the front. The Pontiac G8 GXP is a better comparison with the V1, same parts, and at least it looked the part.
Pontiac always felt nose heavy to me. Malibu-ish or not, its a great car. for 2016 they look noticeably different

1 - 9 of 9 Posts