Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get a copy of the Original Window Sticker? Can the dealer generate this via VIN number?

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4
174 Posts
That depends, just ask them. I tried to get one back in August of 09 when I purchased my 05 STS4 and was told it was too late. But it
would not hurt to ask.
Otherwise, copy and paste the following address in your browser

http://www.gmcentral.com/forum/register.php?a=act&u=85&i=d4ceb6dcaeb34044dabe8e5e9e5e6514aba17fe6

this will take you to GM Central, register, it is free, then go to Forum Jump and find VIN CHECKS, there you will post a short vin check request with your full vin number. Check back over a couple of days and you will find that the moderator will post a GM read out of your vehicles entire history, from build date to whenever it was last logged into a dealership for service. Way more info than the sticker.
You can save it to your computer and, as I did, print out a copy for your vehicle folder.
Good luck............................ Joe P

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I already have the build sheet. As a matter of fact, I got it from that the website you list. What a great resource! I wanted to get the sticker because of the free nav discs. I was told I could fax a copy of the sticker to the nav disc center for an update disc. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Also, if you are real friendly with your GM used car mgr, he/she can print out the factory invoice for you. Because it shows what they paid, many are reluctant to offer that service.

He/she is more likely to do it if your car is several years old.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS V8 1SF
84 Posts
http://www.gmnavdisc.com/ Self service...better yet *call them* at 877-NAV-DISC (877-628-3472) and speak with a rep. They can match your VIN against GMs database and *IF* your VIN has any free discs unclaimed, they'll be happy to ship you a set. Be aware that, most probably because of GMs recent financial woes, there was (and may still be) a huge "back order" problem getting any nav discs for any GM model, even if you were paying for them. I read posts from suckers still waiting six or eight MONTHS after ordering! After a few weeks myself, I called GM Customer Care and raised hell - guess who got his nav discs in the mail a week later? Back order my a$$...but all this was a year ago, so their problems may alieviated somewhat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts