Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how things will work on the 18/19th. I hope this clears things up for those of you who had questions.

Orders Begin 1PM 18th EST & 9AM 19th EST

Customer:
Cadillac.com
Select RWD / AWD
Choose Dealer (Lockhart Cadillac)
Enter Personal Info
Enter Payment
Receive Confirmation Email

Dealer:
View Order Details
Contact Customer / Confirm Selections
Confirm Customer Configuration / Complete Form
Finalize and Submit
Send Verification Form To Cadillac

· Premium Member
CTS, SRX, May 18 RWD White LYRIQ on Order
1,692 Posts
This is how things will work on the 18/19th. I hope this clears things up for those of you who had questions.

Customer:
Cadillac.com
Select RWD / AWD
Enter Personal Info
Enter Payment

Dealer:
View Order Details
Finalize and Submit
Any idea how we will access to order on the 18th? Web site? Will we have a code or something to access?

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I strongly suggest viewing this PDF is you have ordering questions about the 18/19th.

Attachments

· Registered
CTS 2008
62 Posts
I have a question on FAQ from the PDF:

Can a customer cancel their vehicle order?
Vehicle orders cannot be canceled once it has been accepted into production.

What will indicate if the vehicle has been accepted into production? Does this indicate that the vehicle will need to be paid for before it enters into production? What would happen if a preorder customer decided to not take delivery of the Lyriq after it arrives at the dealerships? $100 non refundable at that point?

· Registered
81 Posts

What will indicate if the vehicle has been accepted into production? Does this indicate that the vehicle will need to be paid for before it enters into production? What would happen if a preorder customer decided to not take delivery of the Lyriq after it arrives at the dealerships? $100 non refundable at that point?
My dealer said they will be happy if anyone cancel as they have many more customers in waiting list.

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Dealer knows when production has started.You don't need to pay before production. You physically can't. If you don't want to take delivery, that's up to you and dealer. Deposit with us is non refundable.

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huh? From the FAQ you shared..

Q: Is the $100 pre-order amount fully refundable?
A: Yes, if a customer chooses to cancel their pre-order before a final order is placed, they should request a refund of the pre-order amount from the dealer they selected in the pre-order process.
When production starts.....deposit is non refundable. You can cancel anytime before that.

· Registered
2016 ELR
1,882 Posts
When production starts.....deposit is non refundable. You can cancel anytime before that.
Thanks for clarifying.

Other pricing question that has come up but not maybe fully answered - GM authority said the destination charge was included in the $62.9K (RWD) and $64.9K (AWD) pricing. Is that correct, or is destination considered a 'dealer fee' on top of that?

· Registered
1,384 Posts
There are new colors available.

• NEW: Crystal White Tricoat MSRP: $1,225
• NEW: Opulent Blue Metallic MSRP: $625
• Stellar Black Metallic MSRP: $625
• Satin Steel Metallic

Crystal White would be my choice.

No spare tire.

Dealer sets final price.

· Registered
11 Posts

Customer:
Cadillac.com
Select RWD / AWD
Enter Personal Info
Enter Payment

Dealer:
View Order Details
Finalize and Submit
Can a dealer by pass the website ordering? I'm heading in to the dealer later today and they are going to be submitting it through their system. Will this mess up anything?

Thank you so much for the information!!!

I do wish GM would do a better job of explaining and reveling the allocations each dealer gets. I saw this same issue back with the Camaro in 2008/09. You could be the 5th person to have ordered in 08 and never get a Camaro in 09. I was blessed the dealer had someone drop out and they had an allocation they gave me. I had only ordered in April/May 09 and had my 2010 (1st MY for the 5th gen) by the end of June 09.

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can a dealer by pass the website ordering? I'm heading in to the dealer later today and they are going to be submitting it through their system. Will this mess up anything?

Thank you so much for the information!!!

I do wish GM would do a better job of explaining and reveling the allocations each dealer gets. I saw this same issue back with the Camaro in 2008/09. You could be the 5th person to have ordered in 08 and never get a Camaro in 09. I was blessed the dealer had someone drop out and they had an allocation they gave me. I had only ordered in April/May 09 and had my 2010 (1st MY for the 5th gen) by the end of June 09.
They cannot bypass. More than likely they are just using the same system as the average customer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.