Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V coupe
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone -

I decided to order a V Coupe instead of looking for one on the lot. I decided on White Diamond - fully loaded. I can't decide if I should order with the satin graphite wheels and saffron recaros.

My concern with the satin graphite wheels is if any stones that kick up will damage the wheel finish and be noticeable, if they would be hard to refinish if needed, and just the overall appearance for a Cadillac.

The saffron seats - I am really on the fence about this one - I guess my concerns about this would be how well it holds up.

Just looking for some opinions on these two...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
I have the SG wheels and one had a chip about the size of a sewing pin head. It really shows up against the almost black background. I touched it up with Thunder Grey paint, the body color of my wagon.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V coupe
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks elphil. Let me ask you, regardless of the chip, are you glad you got the satin graphite rims?

G

·
Are the SG wheels powder coated?
If not maybe getting the standard non SG wheels then PC them would be an idea

·
Registered
none
295 Posts
I have a diamond white V coupe with saffron/ebony and satin graphite wheels being built this week. I also added the sueded wheel/shifter, wood trim, Recaros and sunroof. Pretty much every option except the engine block heater. I'll take pics when it comes in. I have yet to find a picture of a white V coupe with the graphite wheel combination.

Vehicle Specifications
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PEG: 1SV - 1SV V-SERIES Trim: AFK - Leather, Ebony - Saffron Inserts
Primary Color: GBN - White Diamond Tricoat Engine:
Emissions:
Transmission: MX0 - Trans., Auto, 6-Spd., RWD
Ordered Options: 3AS: Wood Trim Package
CBF: Sunroof, Tilt To Open,
Power Sunshade
RB9: Wheels, 19" Satin
Graphite - Coupe V
VK3: License Plate Bracket, FF
53F: Steer Whl, Sueded - V-SERIES
FE9: Federal Emissions
UAV: NAV w/Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround
Sound
W2E: Seats, Recaro

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I got the satin graphite wheels as well. Trust me, you will be so damn happy you went with them as well. I had the polished wheels on my V Sedan and the brake dust would blacken the wheels almost immediately. After over 200 miles of driving, you can't see the brake dust on the satin graphite wheels. I love the way they hide the brake dust. Plus, they make the car look mean!

If you need a dealer referral, let me know. Myself and DoingOK went with the same dealer and the guy gets cars built almost immediately!

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof
531 Posts
I got the satin graphite wheels as well. Trust me, you will be so damn happy you went with them as well. I had the polished wheels on my V Sedan and the brake dust would blacken the wheels almost immediately. After over 200 miles of driving, you can't see the brake dust on the satin graphite wheels. I love the way they hide the brake dust. Plus, they make the car look mean!

If you need a dealer referral, let me know. Myself and DoingOK went with the same dealer and the guy gets cars built almost immediately!
x2. I went with the same dealer as CTS-V TWIN as well. He's been awesome! He managed to get my car built with an un-orderable color/wheel combo.

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe
527 Posts
As I've said before, don't let that saffron yellow mess into your car. You will only regret it with time. As far as the exterior goes, I think that if you go with WD and Satin Graphite wheels your car will be simply stunning! That's my $0.02 on the matter. Good luck choosing! Post pics when your car arrives!

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony
402 Posts
I have black raven with ebony/saffron. I think it looks fantastic. I am also trying to get the yellow calipers to carry on the saffron/yellow effect.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The saffron doesn't look bad. I actually didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. I didn't order my V Coupe with the saffron, but I wouldn't say it's ugly or fugly. It is a matter of personal taste. I think it would look good at first, but if I had to look at it everyday, I would get tired of it.

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
The black ebony seats are classic and hold up great and the fabric and color are functional . Yellow anything will be a P.I.T.A to keep clean over the long haul. The graphite wheels like any powder coated or painted product is going to run it's course with maintaining it. The polished aluminum OEM's are the best in this regard.

Like anything custom...If you like it enough to commit to buying it, you know going into it that keep it looking tip-top are going to take some time from you. The normal washing/waxing, drying it off and driving off into the sunset might include a spot to touch up and when the Saphron yellow seats show dark smudges, you gotta pull out the spot remover or whatever the high tech solution is at that time.

Like a black car.....a bitter sweet thing. It looks amazing clean, but man, let it go a week too long and it looks terrible. Shows fine scratches like no tomorrow too. Detailing is got to be what you love to do, because you will be doing it.

·
Registered
'11 Little Red V wagon (& 2 Vettes)
253 Posts
My wife and I tried to order either the safron or cashmere interior with our V Wagon but, at the time, neither were available with the Recaro seats. So, you could say that we thought it would be a good combination.

I have the polished wheels on my V Wagon and they definitely show the brake dust. My Vette has the Comp Gray wheels and it's hard to tell that they are dirty. Given the Crystal Red and polished wheel combo, I'm happy but I do wash the wheels pretty often.

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Thanks elphil. Let me ask you, regardless of the chip, are you glad you got the satin graphite rims?
I like them but not crazy about them. I'd be just as happy with the polished rims.
Combined with the yellow calipers, I have to say they are growing on me.

Motor Trend magazine this month shows the new Mclaren MP4-12c super car ($232,000) with wheels that appear to be SG and orange calipers, the body color, and they look pretty sharp.

Tuna, I can't see saffron seats going with the crystal red of your wagon. I haven't seen the saffron seats in person, just the pictures here on the forum. They remind me of Halloween.

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
Lol. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally think it's ugly.
I agree... skip the Safron. I test drove a v-coupe with safron and I honestly hated the look. I'm very happy with my ebony interior, recaros, and leather steering wheel and shift knob.

·
Registered
none
295 Posts
Too each their own..............I personally like it a lot. Too plain for my taste with the interior being all black. Would be less susceptible to staining though. The yellow calipers will tie in with the yellow interior accents. Enjoy whatever you choose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts