Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
none
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the experts on the board, I would appreciate it if you would offer suggestions or if it appears that I am missing anything on my planned order for a 2010 CTS-V. I will probably order the car on Saturday.

30U Thunder Gray
195 Ebony Leather
MN6 Manual 6-Speed
UAV NAV w/Bose 5.1
N45 Steering Wheel and Shift Knob-Sueded
CFN Sunroof Option "NOT DESIRED" SUNROOF DELETE
W2E Recaro Seats

Question--Opinions on Base or Polished wheels with my color combo, please?

Anything else? Don't need block heater, I live in Florida.

Thanks again for the input.

C6ZR1

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
I prefer the look of the polished wheels with any color combo, including yours.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Polished wheels look better. Not too blingy, not awfully plain like the painted wheels.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I just took delivery yesterday of almost the identical same car, and I wished that mine would have been avilable with the titanium interior rather than the ebony. And I agree with everybody else that the polished wheels look better than the standard issue painted ones, unless you plan some sort of customization later on the wheels. Mine's an auto, which I wanted, painted wheels which I am OK with, as I am going to do something on my wheels, and ebony interior which I wish that it was titanium. HTH

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
I would go polished rims (I did) and I have the wood grain trim. It is a dark wood, not bright like some cars have. I think it adds a touch
of class to an already classy car!

·
Registered
cts-v
39 Posts
anyone know if the launch control is available for the 2010 models?? I know most of the corvette are getting the tech (zr1 z06 grand sport).

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
I would go polished rims (I did) and I have the wood grain trim. It is a dark wood, not bright like some cars have. I think it adds a touch
of class to an already classy car!
PICS PICS PICS!!! (Please).

·
Registered
none
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the Ebony interior trim is standard? The wood trim is an option. Are those the only two? I will get the polished wheels per the suggestions, what is the broad consensus on the interior trim?

C6ZR1

·
Registered
2009 CTSV, silver, manual
213 Posts
For my $.02 I like the painted wheels on your color. I like the lower bling look, and they remind me of the competition gray wheels on the Corvette. Plus they are not common!

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
A dealer showed me the '10 colors, and there was no Thunder Gray for the V on his sheet, though it was still available for the base CTS. I hope that was just an error. As far as the interior color, I was worried that the Lt. Titanium cloth and carpet would soil too easily, so I went with Ebony, plus I think the monochromatic look is pretty classy; Motor Trend and Road and Track both commented that the interior of their (same) test car, which was Lt. Titanium Recaros, was kind of "blingy". I'm not sure about the wood yet, as I haven't seen it in person yet. I thought the brown wood looked great with the silver trim on the base CTS, while the fake carbon looked kind of cheap. On the V with the Obsidian trim, I think the carbon looks pretty good, especially with Ebony.

I personally like the polished wheels, as they match the window trim and air extractor. I like the painted with silver, though, and they look okay with the white, too. Just my opinion, of course.

If they offer a rear-view camera, get it!

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
The wood looks darker in person. The flash from the camera made it look lighter. In fact when my
salesman first looked he thought they missed the wood grain option, he said it looked so dark!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
Thanks for the pics. It looks just like the early preproduction cars which is a good thing. I'm getting the light titanium interior and I think it will add just a touch of warmth to the light color and provide a classy transition from the upper ebony leather to the light titanium on the door panels, dash and console. Is the lower hockey stick trim on the doors obsidian black? I'm hoping that it is and that the light titanium interior uses the same piece.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts