Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the other posters on this forum for tipping me off on the Hendrix deal which runs out today BTW. I had my heart set on making the TVS 1900 work and was ready to go with the Harrup version which is easier to mount to an LS2. The Hendrix deal was so sweet that I also picked up the oversize pulley and heavy duty rear axle kit including the beefed up CVs. It was almost like getting the extra goodies "free" with the rock bottom Hendrix price on the tried and true Magnuson 112 CTS-V kit. Now the trick is to find someone reasonably close to my location (Western Mass) who will do the installs at a fair price. At this time I will just be doing Maggie/pulley, axles, UUC shifter, Corvette fuel rail covers. No cam or headers. Again, thanks to the others for the scoop on the last minute deal. I have the 06 V with 3800 miles, bone stock as she sits. I have also picked up a nice rim with like new stock tire for $350 shipped, to be used as spare. Now I really can't wait 'til Spring!
leo

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,059 Posts
Is the issue that you don't have time to the install, feel uncomfortable from a mechanical point of view, or are just scared you'll FUBAR it?

Well, whoever does it, it's you who'll have it to enjoy. Sure, the TVS1900 can provide more boost, but the MP112 is still a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2005 Raven Black CTS-V
979 Posts
third person in the last 2 weeks, congrats! Man i am excited for this thing to arrive at my doorstep, looks you jumped on tons of extra goodies.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the issue that you don't have time to the install, feel uncomfortable from a mechanical point of view, or are just scared you'll FUBAR it?

Well, whoever does it, it's you who'll have it to enjoy. Sure, the TVS1900 can provide more boost, but the MP112 is still a lot of fun.
No, it's my lack of mechanical know-how (and tools) to attempt a project of this magnitude. I was a train engineer for 20 years and my famous saying was "I just drive em, don't fix em!"

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
third person in the last 2 weeks, congrats! Man i am excited for this thing to arrive at my doorstep, looks you jumped on tons of extra goodies.
Yeah. You doin yours, or someone else? the deal from hendrix was great, but the installer I had lined up now acting like I shot his dog, or something worse.

·
Registered
2005 Raven Black CTS-V
979 Posts
Yeah. You doin yours, or someone else? the deal from hendrix was great, but the installer I had lined up now acting like I shot his dog, or something worse.
Haha i fully intend to do the install myself, after reading through the install book from magnuson it seems very well thought out and fairly straight forward, just time and patience will get it done. now if the install only cost $500 maybe i'd pay to have it done but im assuming they are quoting you around 1000?

·
14,059 Posts
The install is actually much easier than many people would think. There are a couple of steps that you might want to bounce off someone else who's done it, but the steps are broken down into small, individual tasks that make it very doable. I did the whole thing by myself, but lifting the blower onto the top of the motor required some creativity ... another pair of hands is recommended for that one step.

Take pics, guys ... we want to share in your excitement.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
It's great that more options are becoming available to the V community. But no matter what some people might say, the Maggie still has it's place. I'm glad some of the new (Maggie'd) guys are able to take advantage of the deals brought on by all the competition.
Have fun guys. You'll always want more power, but you'll never be disappointed.

Now can SOMEBODY PM me the bloody price?!! I'm curious, and it's always such a big secret.

Tony

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
I am currently installing mine in Connecticut at Rolies Automotive...he is a great mechanic and is doing mine for 700...if you want I can PM you his number....thanks Matt

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am currently installing mine in Connecticut at Rolies Automotive...he is a great mechanic and is doing mine for 700...if you want I can PM you his number....thanks Matt
Yes, please send me the number! I live in Easthampton, MA about 25 miles north of Hartford, CT.
leo

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's great that more options are becoming available to the V community. But no matter what some people might say, the Maggie still has it's place. I'm glad some of the new (Maggie'd) guys are able to take advantage of the deals brought on by all the competition.

Now can SOMEBODY PM me the bloody price?!! I'm curious, and it's always such a big secret

I have no "PM" tab available...do you have to get the upgraded membership to PM, or am I just overlooking something obvious? email me at [email protected] and I will reveal all!

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I think part of the reason Behe recommends headers is because it drops your boost without losing power. You can then increase the boost and increase power without overworking the supercharger. Thus, no heat soak. Anywho, no matter what, you'll have a blast...

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

Now can SOMEBODY PM me the bloody price?!! I'm curious, and it's always such a big secret

I have no "PM" tab available...do you have to get the upgraded membership to PM, or am I just overlooking something obvious? email me at [email protected] and I will reveal all!
Got it from somebody, thanks.

If you click on someones user name, a drop down menu has the PM tab.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think part of the reason Behe recommends headers is because it drops your boost without losing power. You can then increase the boost and increase power without overworking the supercharger. Thus, no heat soak. Anywho, no matter what, you'll have a blast...
It was actually the oversized harmonic balancer 8 rib that I ordered, not the pulley like I previously stated. I'm told I must have that "keyed," or "pinned" to the crank, or it could cause a big mess if it works loose. So far, no plan for headers (yet). Also, possible fuel pump issues when working that blower a bit harder? Most installers not big fans of Magnavolt and suggest a beefed up in tank fuel pump. Someone told me today the in-line pump is a viable alternative.

·
14,059 Posts
Maggie kit comes with pinning kit. I believe it should work with the big crank pulley.

Headers make exhaling much easier. Hi-flow cats will give you a much-improved sound. Corsa will keep that sound civilized ... most of the time.

An in-tank fuel pump would be pricey. A few guys have done the in-line pump, and as far as I recall had good success going that route. I'll be doing a Magnavolt this summer ... triple grounded.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
The Magnuson crank pinning kit will nit work with the Innovators West balancer. You have to pick up the pinning kit from Innovators west.

This should be the kit you need but I would call to make sure. Also, not sure if the bolt comes with the balancer but you will need a longer crank pulley bolt. You can get one from IW as well. Just a heads up, I didn't like the washer that came with the IW bolt. In fact, it broke into four pieces. I bought an ARP bolt but it was too short so I just used the ARP washer and IW bolt and it worked great.

http://www.innovatorswest.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=67

·
Registered
05 Raven Maggied CTS-V/08 SRX
34 Posts

Now can SOMEBODY PM me the bloody price?!! I'm curious, and it's always such a big secret.

Tony
I tried to PM with the price but I am new to the V community and not enough posts. I also need to join this forum as a supporting member...to many good guys on here not to do it.

·
14,059 Posts
The Magnuson crank pinning kit will not work with the Innovators West balancer. You have to pick up the pinning kit from Innovators west. ...]
I stand corrected. Thanks, Bobby.

I tried to PM with the price but I am new to the V community and not enough posts. I also need to join this forum as a supporting member...to many good guys on here not to do it.
If you plan to mod anyway, you'll save many hundreds of dollars by reading this forum and your money will be well spent.

If you don't plan to mod, whatever you do don't read this forum because you won't be able to resist.

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
thanks for the order!!!! if you need anything give me a call anytime

1 - 20 of 25 Posts