Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit the bullet today after reading on the camaro forums... I ordered the LFX intake to put on my 2008 CTS

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
Oh thanks, my bad. And he says between 6-700 depending on the dealer, which might be a stretch.

Personally, I plan to go with a stage 3 port job on my manifold and a black ice-olator, and all that together will cost about $500. I am curious how the benefits would compare.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,035 Posts
Not to be a smartass, but Google? "Dyno tuning near ____, VA" or "chassis dyno near ____, VA". Or ask the various employees at your local Autozone/Advance/Pep Boys/whatever. Typically some of them are gearheads (not just working there because it's a job that pays them money), so they might know where to go.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
I've already tried searching high and low on the internet, and yes my next step was to ask around at those places. I was just wondering if there was a website or something that kept track of them. I won't derail this thread any further.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still waiting to get the intake back had to cut it but yet to find a way to plug the hole and still look good I'm hoping soon

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

See the loo that comes down hitting the coolant outlet? On the camaro that's a different design. Can't just cut it because it's hollow and would make a big hole there.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,035 Posts
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i66/salstang/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150424_111125.jpg[/URL]

See the loo that comes down hitting the coolant outlet?
Isn't a loo the British term for bathroom? In that case, no, I don't see the loo. :p

On the camaro that's a different design. Can't just cut it because it's hollow and would make a big hole there.
It's good that the coolant pipe is hollow. They don't work as well when they're not. Looks like you would need that engine coolant outlet from the Camaro, plus the appropriate rubber hose to join to it. I'm guessing that would add some significant $$$ to the parts cost, as that chunk of cast aluminum won't be cheap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts