Cadillac Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I heard spring or summer for the Duramax.
For Super Cruise, the story keeps changing....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Annnd... I am back at 1100 and my truck will not be a 2021.

Dealer confirmed there is a huge restriction on diesels.
He said he can put it in as a gas engine, or wait until the diesel hold is lifted.

I guess now that the lifters situation is solved, a gas one is fine.
I just wonder about all the other constraints (running boards; Super Cruise; etc.) messing things up anyhow.

What a shame.
Bummer. I guess that Duramax 100% contraint hit today.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Whats a conservative estimate for those of us waiting on a diesel with running boards and supercruise, is it realistic to get a vehicle by Xmas or the New year?
Ummm.. no. You are not going to get a 2022 Duramax Supercruise by new years. Based on the info the dealers received and was posted here, the earliest any Supercruise equipped 2022's would be built is April. The note said "not avail through the end of Q1" (March). I believe the Duramax is 100% constrained till end of Dec. No date for the running boards but I am guessing they come back before the other things.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Indeed! It will 100% be a 2022.

He said my truck will be the first one ordered as soon as they get their first allocation, which GM said will be real soon.

He said if I do the 6.2, he can put it through the minute the allocation comes through.
If I want the Duramax, I'll have to wait.

I decided to go the 6.2 route. Everyone agrees that the lifter issue is taken care of.
I did want the diesel, though. Too bad.

Hopefully their allocation comes next week or the week after.

If I can't get Super Cruise or power running boards, I will stick with my 2017 for another year.
Clearly GM doesn't have a very good understanding of their supply chain. I think it is entirely possible that SuperCruise comes back a lot sooner then they have stated. We don't know what parts they are missing... but 6 months seems like an eternity to fix a supply issue.

Reactions: Edward502

·
Registered
109 Posts
Really hoping SC winds up being a lot quicker. My other Escalade they thought it would take a lot longer because of SC and the black package. Turned out they rushed them after 2 months of waiting. They said the same things. Staying positive. Maybe they’ll stop productions of SC on the gmc’s and focus on the Escalades

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats a conservative estimate for those of us waiting on a diesel with running boards and supercruise, is it realistic to get a vehicle by Xmas or the New year?
I’m pretty sure I read supercruise delay until April 2022. Running boards into Q4’ 21.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Interesting.
Perhaps the Duramax engine will be available at the same time as Super Cruise! 👍🏽

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just stopped at my dealer. They are not aware of Diesel constraint.
It's Thursday, call your dealer again and tell them to check the current constraints. Or... just ask @Law_Guy ... his info is probably as good as it gets.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not a chance. Be lucky to have it by spring.

Duramax I could see coming back sooner than expected but super cruise has been clearly shown to be first up on chopping block when chips are tight so don't see that changing soon. Running board constraint is just embarrassing at this point. They are so simple from engineering and manufacturing standpoint that not being able to get them sourced somehow someway is a joke.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well, well, well.... Listen to this!

Some of you may recall that I had two Sport Platinums on order.

One I totally forgot about (at a small dealership 2 hours away, which I thought I cancelled), and as for the other, it made its way from 1100 to 2000 to 3000 to 3100, only to be cancelled.

I was told I'd be first in line for a 22MY, but if I want my build, we are talking spring or summer at the earliest. If that!

It got to the point where I was gonna ditch the LM2 and Super Cruise just to get it here sooner.

So....................... Long story short..... The small dealership just called me.

The truck is in!!!!!

Platinum Sport AWD
Diesel LM2 engine
Onyx package
Night Vision
Running boards
Brembos
Trailering package
Super Cruise
Refrigerated console

Holy toledo!!!!!!!!!! Got the VIN and everything!!

I am still skeptical. Is this a dream? Is it real?

We shall see!
Wanted you guys to be the first to know!

·
Registered
18 Posts

One I totally forgot about (at a small dealership 2 hours away, which I thought I cancelled), and as for the other, it made its way from 1100 to 2000 to 3000 to 3100, only to be cancelled.

I was told I'd be first in line for a 22MY, but if I want my build, we are talking spring or summer at the earliest. If that!

It got to the point where I was gonna ditch the LM2 and Super Cruise just to get it here sooner.

So....................... Long story short..... The small dealership just called me.

The truck is in!!!!!

Platinum Sport AWD
Diesel LM2 engine
Onyx package
Night Vision
Running boards
Brembos
Trailering package
Super Cruise
Refrigerated console

We shall see!
Omg what a surprise, your like wait what lol. Damn so happy for u and more than a little jealous 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts

The truck is in!!!!!

Platinum Sport AWD
Diesel LM2 engine
Onyx package
Night Vision
Running boards
Brembos
Trailering package
Super Cruise
Refrigerated console

We shall see!
DEAR LORD! What a crazy surprise right after Thanksgiving! Im not gonna lie I am completely jealous of you! But also 100% happy for you as well!
Although, customer service wise, I was shocked as they didnt even give you any update as the order progressed. LOL

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘06 R52 Mini Cooper S ‘21 Escalade ESV Sport on order
103 Posts

The truck is in!!!!!

Platinum Sport AWD
Diesel LM2 engine
Onyx package
Night Vision
Running boards
Brembos
Trailering package
Super Cruise
Refrigerated console

We shall see!
Congrats! This is a ‘22 model? If so, gives me hope that my ‘22 will eventually get picked up.

I’m still seeing dealers in a 500 mile radius from me with ’21s “in transit”.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

This is a 2021. Of course, a 22MY would have been better, but at this point, I couldn't care in the slightest. I'll just buy the metal pedal kit to make it look like a 2022.

I am really surprised that the original 21MY went through.

At the time I placed the order, none of the goodies (LM2; SC; Onyx; Running boards; etc) were on full constraint. It was a narrow window.

All of that crazy jazz happened soon after. Onyx was constrained a week or two later. Then the LM2. And we all know about no SC until April.... And of course, the running boards... and we all heard about GM shutting down a bunch of factories, etc.

I am really not sure how this all happened. My only contact with the dealer was about two months ago, when he called to say my truck would be a 22MY. (No kidding, I thought!) I knew at that point it was all done.

Last week I wrote to the other dealer to let me know what his Thursday allocations are like, as I may consider ditching Super Cruise and for sure, the LM2 was out of the question. (Power Assist Running Boards would be a deal breaker for me.)

I haven't heard anything back from that dealership.

Lo and behold, last week the small dealership's rep texted me out of the blue saying my car will be in within a week.

I blew him off and thought to myself, "Geez. This guy is clueless. Half of the options are on constraint," and I replied to his text with a thumbs up emoji and went about my business.

Well, now I have the build sheet and VIN. Crazy; crazy; crazy.

For regular folk, it's probably nothing too exciting.

But for those of us here, knowing about the constraints on everything... To see the build sheet and make note of..

Onyx/Diesel/Brembos/Trailering/Running Boards/Super Cruise/etc/etc/etc, it's like, "whoa!"

Most people simply wouldn't understand our struggles!

I think I'm going to keep my 2017 as well. It's seriously in mint condition.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Like how did they get the SC on it, actually who cares right ?! That is the exact build I ordered minus the Brembos
it is a '21... and for some reason they were able to supply '21's with SC right up to the end.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

This is a 2021. Of course, a 22MY would have been better, but at this point, I couldn't care in the slightest. I'll just buy the metal pedal kit to make it look like a 2022.

I am really surprised that the original 21MY went through.

At the time I placed the order, none of the goodies (LM2; SC; Onyx; Running boards; etc) were on full constraint. It was a narrow window.

All of that crazy jazz happened soon after. Onyx was constrained a week or two later. Then the LM2. And we all know about no SC until April.... And of course, the running boards... and we all heard about GM shutting down a bunch of factories, etc.

I am really not sure how this all happened. My only contact with the dealer was about two months ago, when he called to say my truck would be a 22MY. (No kidding, I thought!) I knew at that point it was all done.

Last week I wrote to the other dealer to let me know what his Thursday allocations are like, as I may consider ditching Super Cruise and for sure, the LM2 was out of the question. (Power Assist Running Boards would be a deal breaker for me.)

I haven't heard anything back from that dealership.

Lo and behold, last week the small dealership's rep texted me out of the blue saying my car will be in within a week.

I blew him off and thought to myself, "Geez. This guy is clueless. Half of the options are on constraint," and I replied to his text with a thumbs up emoji and went about my business.

Well, now I have the build sheet and VIN. Crazy; crazy; crazy.

For regular folk, it's probably nothing too exciting.

But for those of us here, knowing about the constraints on everything... To see the build sheet and make note of..

Onyx/Diesel/Brembos/Trailering/Running Boards/Super Cruise/etc/etc/etc, it's like, "whoa!"

Most people simply wouldn't understand our struggles!

I think I'm going to keep my 2017 as well. It's seriously in mint condition.
So awesome. I think they really cranked things out the last few weeks of '21 production and for those last few cycles they just used up all the parts they had. SC was never on constraint for '21s... no idea why they can build at least a few '22s with it. And I think the steps and LM2 issues were resolved... at least partially. So awesome that your build finally happened!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
199 Posts
Congrats! Great surprise. Matt at Lockhart had mentioned some of their last ‘21 order with SuperCruise were kicked back after being accepted & were told if they wanted wanted to keep the order moving, they needed to remove it. Crazy times, but glad yours got through!

81 - 100 of 139 Posts