Cadillac Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just stopped at my dealer. They are not aware of Diesel constraint.
This is new... I believe dealers receive constraint updates every Thursday when the weekly DSOP cycle (weekly allocation) is open. So check back closer to the weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SuperCruise has become a constraint? My guy just told me like a month back saying if I removed onxy package, running board and added SuperCruise,I WILL receive my caddy as a 2021...LOL should I remove that now? I dont really need it as my location and surrounding are not even being supported by the SuperCruise network, sadly.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Guys... I have a question for you...
A lot of you are discussing changing your order; removing running boards; switching engines, etc. etc.

Is this something that can be done at any time?

Are we only able to make changes at the 1000/2000 stage?
ie. When the order is with the dealer, or even accepted by GM?

I'm currently at the 3000 stage, "Accepted by Production Control."

Does this mean I can still tweak options, or at this point, I just sit and wait?

I could ask the dealer, but I figured some of you would know more they do!

Any info would be great!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
199 Posts
@Law_Guy if you are at 3000 no changes can be made.

@Benny_Walker if your 2021 isn’t at status 2000 or greater, it won’t be 2021. If your order is at 2000 or above, it will be completed as it was ordered.

·
Registered
350 Posts
SuperCruise has become a constraint? My guy just told me like a month back saying if I removed onxy package, running board and added SuperCruise,I WILL receive my caddy as a 2021...LOL should I remove that now? I dont really need it as my location and surrounding are not even being supported by the SuperCruise network, sadly.
I have not seen anything that said the last few 2021 production slots had any constraints on Supercruise. So if your order is schedule for 2021 production (which I would think means it needs to be produced this week or next??) then you might be okay. GM has officially stated that 2022 production will have a 100% constraint on SuperCruise till April 2022 (you can place an order but it will not get picked up by GM till April.)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just stopped at my dealer. They are not aware of Diesel constraint.
I should also note that the issue is that no more LM2 engines will be produced, effective now. From what others have said, there is about a ~2week supply of produced motors for car production. So if that is true in this case, GM would have a week or two of LM2 supply, but once those motors are installed in new trucks/SUV then the constraint would show up and GM would stop accepting LM2 configurations for production. So if you are scheduled for a 2021 MY production (in the next two weeks), you might be okay.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Very interesting! Thanks for all the info!

So, being at 3000, I guess the only thing I can do is sit back and wait.

We'll see if my diesel engine will sneak through the constraints.

I was told by many people, "If you're at 3000, it will be built as ordered!"... BUT, with no TPW yet, it may not happen after all. Ah well!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys... I have a question for you...
A lot of you are discussing changing your order; removing running boards; switching engines, etc. etc.

Is this something that can be done at any time?

Are we only able to make changes at the 1000/2000 stage?
ie. When the order is with the dealer, or even accepted by GM?

I'm currently at the 3000 stage, "Accepted by Production Control."

Does this mean I can still tweak options, or at this point, I just sit and wait?

I could ask the dealer, but I figured some of you would know more they do!

Any info would be great!
Looks like my order wont get picked up as 2021, status wasnt even 2000 yet...
Curious when hat did you order yours? I placed my order 28 March this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not seen anything that said the last few 2021 production slots had any constraints on Supercruise. So if your order is schedule for 2021 production (which I would think means it needs to be produced this week or next??) then you might be okay. GM has officially stated that 2022 production will have a 100% constraint on SuperCruise till April 2022 (you can place an order but it will not get picked up by GM till April.)
Very much appreciate the input! I think I definitely need a talk with the dealership, and probably find myself with someone who know what they are doing...

·
Registered
93 Posts
This waiting game is insane. I’m still at 3400 with TPW of 8/30. Dealer thinks it should be here by early October. He will have a better idea early next week. I wonder if mine will be the last few they build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
199 Posts
This waiting game is insane. I’m still at 3400 with TPW of 8/30. Dealer thinks it should be here by early October. He will have a better idea early next week. I wonder if mine will be the last few they build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did your dealer get a VIN?

·
Registered
350 Posts
@Law_Guy if you are at 3000 no changes can be made.

@Benny_Walker if your 2021 isn’t at status 2000 or greater, it won’t be 2021. If your order is at 2000 or above, it will be completed as it was ordered.
Do all unfilled 2021 orders automatically become 2022 orders, or do they get cancelled and the dealers have to go back into the workbench and create a new order?

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
By the way, to answer the person who asked when I ordered the truck, I believe the dealership got the allocation on Thursday, July 15th. We put in the order (without the monochrome crests) on Saturday the 17th, and it was accepted by GM (2000) on July 19th or 20th.

About three weeks ago, it went to 3000.

Every single option I ordered has had its share of constraints (Power running boards; black wheels; Duramax; Super Cruise; etc.)

Suffice it to say, I don't have high hopes!

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Annnd... I am back at 1100 and my truck will not be a 2021.

Dealer confirmed there is a huge restriction on diesels.
He said he can put it in as a gas engine, or wait until the diesel hold is lifted.

I guess now that the lifters situation is solved, a gas one is fine.
I just wonder about all the other constraints (running boards; Super Cruise; etc.) messing things up anyhow.

What a shame.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Annnd... I am back at 1100 and my truck will not be a 2021.

Dealer confirmed there is a huge restriction on diesels.
He said he can put it in as a gas engine, or wait until the diesel hold is lifted.

I guess now that the lifters situation is solved, a gas one is fine.
I just wonder about all the other constraints (running boards; Super Cruise; etc.) messing things up anyhow.

What a shame.
At this rate why don’t you just go for a ‘22? Unless they’re pausing running board and SC for all 22 orders because they want the ‘21 orders to be processed first. In which case your order might go through quick if you went the 6.2L route.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Indeed! It will 100% be a 2022.

He said my truck will be the first one ordered as soon as they get their first allocation, which GM said will be real soon.

He said if I do the 6.2, he can put it through the minute the allocation comes through.
If I want the Duramax, I'll have to wait.

I decided to go the 6.2 route. Everyone agrees that the lifter issue is taken care of.
I did want the diesel, though. Too bad.

Hopefully their allocation comes next week or the week after.

If I can't get Super Cruise or power running boards, I will stick with my 2017 for another year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whats a conservative estimate for those of us waiting on a diesel with running boards and supercruise, is it realistic to get a vehicle by Xmas or the New year?

61 - 80 of 139 Posts