Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
All depends on what your TPW is? Get on the chat & ask them for your TPW. Where are you located?
There is no TPW set for the truck yet. I think it happens at 3300, if I am not mistaking...!

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
715 Posts
This is not correct.

Brake dust is from the recipe of the pad compound. VAG, historically, uses a soft pad compound composed of dark material. The byproduct is, well, as you described. A lighter and less soft option is ceramic. Less dust and less cold stopping power. For Audi, it’s an option of quiet, immediate stopping power at cold stops.

Brembo are either radial or axial by design. The latest Brembo set up is also duplicated on 2021 PPV/SSV Law enforcement Tahoe, Yukon and Burb’s. They’re matched to a rotor that Brembo makes, GM also supplies and made by aftermarket. These set ups go all the way to 8 piston monoblock.

Brembo’s previous kit made specifically for the Escalade and matched for all four corners was the same spec as OEM but with thicker rotors and 6/4 monoblock calipers f/r. GM is all grown up now and paid the piper to up the braking to match the GVW comparatively to what German SUV tout and you’ll pay through the nose too.

The Brembo's GM sells as an option are not the same type of Brembo's you find on performance cars. They are really just "slightly larger calipers and rotors." I say this because a normal high performance Brembo (found on performance Audi's, Porsche, Corvettes, exotics, etc are a matched rotor/caliper that wear together and provided extreme braking performance. This is at the cost of excessive brake dust and very expensive brake jobs (rotors for my RS5 are $2500 just for the fronts!) because you always need replace the rotors when the pads are worn out to maintain the performance level (sometimes you can get away with just pads in the back.) The GM truck setup is just a standard rotor and pad. It will last a long time and wont put brake dust all over the place, but it is not going to deliver the same performance. The funny thing is for me... all of my cars have had real Brembo's for the last 15 years.... so I am finding it so strange when I go wash my Escalade that the front wheels are covered in brake dust. :-o. I guess it is a good change, but if Brembo ever makes a real brake kit for the Escalade I will toss them on (hoping from the V)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow that’s great news. I am sure it will go to 3300 by next week. My order went from 3100 to 3300 in a week. My dealer also gave me a production date of August 30. I hope yours move quickly to production.

Anyone know how long till delivery after you receive a production date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh no...!
I just called the dealer.
He said my order is back at 3000.
It was at 3100 last week!

He said it may be because of the diesel constraint.

I don't that makes sense, as I thought they are only blocking new orders from being placed with the diesel engine.

Have you ever heard of a car go from 3100 back to 3000?????
This doesn't look good!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
199 Posts
I would utilize the chat function on Cadillac.com for status codes. Never know what the dealer will tell you.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks for the advice! I just chatted in.
They told me the order was accepted by GM and is on the way to being built (or something like that).
She wasn't able to tell me if it's at 3000 or 3100. She said she would get back to me within 72 hours with that information.
Pretty strange that she doesn't have access to GM Global Connect, and could tell me right away.
We shall see!!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
199 Posts
Odd, always have been able to get status codes right there within minutes. Maybe try another agent.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I did!
And she old me, "Tiffany is already looking into this...!"
When I tried a few weeks ago, the agent called me back the next day, and still couldn't give me the four-digit event code.
None of this is surprising to me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here. Chatted on Cadillac.com, and then being re-directed to GM Canada due to IP address or Postal code I believe. Received an email the second day but no status codes avaialble.
Just told my dealer to switch to 6.2L from diesel today, but still couldnot be certain if my order would get picked up after 5 months of waiting and constraints removed.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Geez.. Looks like things are going from bad to worse... Duramax constraints! Power running board constraints! Super Cruise constraints!

I'm old enough to remember back in the day when the black wheels or monochromatic logos were the biggest things to worry about...!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can anyone confirm Duramax constrains? No one has accepted 2022 orders yet - gas or diesel. We really don't know if the diesel is pushed back.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
So based on the info floating around:
No Duramax production till Jan 2022
No SuperCruise production till end of April 2022
No Power Running boards till ??? (not sure on that one.)

Pretty ugly if you are waiting for a loaded diesel. :-/

Reactions: travieb23

·
Registered
‘22 Premium Luxury on order
96 Posts
So what are they going to build when 22 production starts?
Luxury and PLux trims with no added options? Im confused….
The constraint list is getting longer and longer smh soon enough a sunroof is going to be a constraint

·
Registered
350 Posts
So what are they going to build when 22 production starts?
Luxury and PLux trims with no added options? Im confused….
The constraint list is getting longer and longer smh soon enough a sunroof is going to be a constraint
Yes - Lux will be pretty easy to order and get your hands on. Other than that, they can still make a ton of Sport, Sport Plat, Lux Plat loaded up with options and the 6.2 (which most people seem to pick because they don't know just how good the Duramax is.) Basically they go back to what you could get in early 2021: Sport Plat w/ 6.2 and no Supercruise. The Durmax and SC were late availability last year, so 2022 starts the same way. For Power Steps... I am sure an aftermarket company will fill in the gap since there is a huge opportunity. So it isn't THAT bad. Well... that is if you didn't have your heart set on SC and the Duramax.

Reactions: travieb23
41 - 60 of 139 Posts