Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! Better late than never. My dealer finally received an allocation for a Sport Platinum, so I pulled the trigger. It'll probably the last 2021 off the line (if it's accepted by GM, of course.)

I wanted a fully loaded one, with the freezer, Brembo brakes, Onyx, Super Cruise, Night Vision, etc etc.

Turns out the Onyx package is under total constraint. Couldn't put it through.

We tried adding the options one by one... Puddle lamps, black badges, black wheels, etc, and it looks like the problem is... The monochromatic emblems! That was the one piece of the Onyx puzzle he couldn't add.

We ordered the truck as such, and he told me he will order the monochromatic emblems as soon as they arrive. He said they swap emblems at the dealership all the time.

So, that's the scoop.

I guess we'll find out Tuesday or Wednesday if GM accepted the order, and from there it's a waiting game.

At this point, I would have preferred a 22 model year, but who knows what the future holds. I didn't want to give up this opportunity.

And in other news, it turns out my wife is interested in keeping the 17 Platinum, and trading in her 19 CT6. That CT6 is a gorgeous car. We shall see!

If anyone has any additional news or intel on the monochrome emblems, please share with the class!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
203 Posts
Every vehicle ordered with monochromatic emblems are shipped with the traditional emblems & the dealer does the swap. So it’s an item that can definitely be done after the fact. I believe you said ordered from two dealers. Was it the small dealer that got the allocation?

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every vehicle ordered with monochromatic emblems are shipped with the traditional emblems & the dealer does the swap. I believe you said ordered from two dealers. Was it the small dealer that got the allocation?
That's super interesting about the emblems. I feel better now! :)
The larger dealer got the allocation. I haven't heard back from the smaller one (which is also 2.5 hours from my place!)
I'll have to cancel my $1,000 deposit with them (...just waiting until Tuesday to see if my order was accepted!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The larger dealer got the allocation. I haven't heard back from the smaller one (which is also 2.5 hours from my place!)
I'll have to cancel my $1,000 deposit with them (...just waiting until Tuesday to see if my order was accepted!)
Exciting stuff!

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Snowman!

Interestingly, the dealer's fleet manager mentioned to me, while tweaking the build, that whenever an option was LPO, it meant it was installed at the dealership. I didn't realize that. Any truth to such a thing? I didn't think a Dealer-Installed Option was the same as an LPO option...

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)
280 Posts
Thanks Snowman!

Interestingly, the dealer's fleet manager mentioned to me, while tweaking the build, that whenever an option was LPO, it meant it was installed at the dealership. I didn't realize that. Any truth to such a thing? I didn't think a Dealer-Installed Option was the same as an LPO option...
LPO are always dealer-installed. But they are deemed a part of the factory build for all legal and regulatory purposes.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow - that's great news!

So I guess really don't have to be bent out of shape in that my black on black tactical blacked out black Escalade will arrive with colourful crests after all. We will deal with it when the time comes! Phew!

(Although, the colourful crests will match the other Caddies in my driveway!)

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can different painted OEM ones from people on Etsy and some other shops that powder coat or paint them. The back takes about an hour as you need to take off the inside of the tailgate, so I let the dealer do that.
The front pops off but breaks the old emblem clips. You pop the new one in. The dealer wanted to take off the entire grill as they have broken 1-2 grills popping off the old one but I did it gently with a plastic pry tool. Others have just used a screwdriver
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Sky Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
‘22 Escalade ESV Sport on order ‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘06 R52 Mini Cooper S
104 Posts
Greetings everyone! Better late than never. My dealer finally received an allocation for a Sport Platinum, so I pulled the trigger. It'll probably the last 2021 off the line (if it's accepted by GM, of course.)

I wanted a fully loaded one, with the freezer, Brembo brakes, Onyx, Super Cruise, Night Vision, etc etc.

We tried adding the options one by one... Puddle lamps, black badges, black wheels, etc, and it looks like the problem is... The monochromatic emblems! That was the one piece of the Onyx puzzle he couldn't add.

We ordered the truck as such, and he told me he will order the monochromatic emblems as soon as they arrive. He said they swap emblems at the dealership all the time.

So, that's the scoop.

I guess we'll find out Tuesday or Wednesday if GM accepted the order, and from there it's a waiting game.

At this point, I would have preferred a 22 model year, but who knows what the future holds. I didn't want to give up this opportunity.

And in other news, it turns out my wife is interested in keeping the 17 Platinum, and trading in her 19 CT6. That CT6 is a gorgeous car. We shall see!

If anyone has any additional news or intel on the monochrome emblems, please share with the class!
That’s great news for you. My salesman told me this week that I’m currently #9 on the list. At this point, I’m doubtful I’ll be receiving a ‘21 model. Some time on or after Aug 4th, I’m going to call the inventory manager and see how many ‘22 allocations they have and what the chances are that mine will be accepted before the end of the year.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Actually.... 100% of the Onyx package is dealer installed. Emblems, badge, wheels, puddle lights.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually.... 100% of the Onyx package is dealer installed. Emblems, badge, wheels, puddle lights.
Very interesting! Did not know.
So looks like I'll end up with all the Onyx package features, for the price of each one individually!

At this point, I can't complain. :)

Who knows?
For all we know, GM won't accept the order. We'll see by Wednesday!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Very interesting! Did not know.
So looks like I'll end up with all the Onyx package features, for the price of each one individually!

At this point, I can't complain. :)

Who knows?
For all we know, GM won't accept the order. We'll see by Wednesday!
The whole Onyx thing is really weird. That package was holding up production for so many people... yet not a single part was installed at the factory. And even when the factory said Onyx parts were on constraint you could still walk into your local dealer and order them. The good news in all of this is... Onyx is 100% doable after you take delivery. So the lack of Onyx on an in-stock unit should never stop someone from buying it. And with the discounts the parts department give you, it is likely cheaper to buy everything from a big online dealer vs. the add on cost for a factory option.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to hear, Greg... Thanks for the info!

Just got back from the dealership, and it looks like my truck is at status code 2000!
Order accepted by GM. Hallelujah!

He also told me they pre-ordered a whole bunch of monochromatic emblems and have them in stock, ready to go!

The fleet manager said to check back in about two or three weeks, and we should have a VIN.
Truck should take around 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great to hear, Greg... Thanks for the info!

Just got back from the dealership, and it looks like my truck is at status code 2000!
Order accepted by GM. Hallelujah!

He also told me they pre-ordered a whole bunch of monochromatic emblems and have them in stock, ready to go!

The fleet manager said to check back in about two or three weeks, and we should have a VIN.
Truck should take around 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Fingers crossed!
Ask your dealer for your order #, then you can track it via Cadillac.com (and they will even send you text messages as it progresses.)

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good idea!
It's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng two months!

I guess I'll just do what I've done for the past year, and live vicariously through you guys!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Only a 2 month wait? Wow. Some people still haven’t received theirs and they placed an order over a year ago!

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know…!

There is no method to the madness.

Of course, for all I know, my order won’t go through for months. The good news is that if such a thing happens, I’ll get a 22MY. Win, win!

·
Registered
2021 Escalade Duramax Supercruise
63 Posts
My truck arrived a few days before the Onyx Emblem. When I got the call that my order had arrived 7 weeks after placing, I hustled to the dealer, and did the test drive. Even without the emblem, I knew it was exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
35 Posts

So, that's the scoop.

Law guy why did you pick the Sport Platinum I was specking a sport and adding the Driver Assist, power running boards, diesel, rear entertainment, supercruise and night vision (worth it?) and came to about a 10-15k saving, whats better in the sport plaintinum?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts