Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just ordered the seat foam and leather cover for the bottom drivers side. I am going to install it this weekend. The questions I have.

1. Do I have to take the seat completely out or I can I work around it.

2. Is it something simple to do with out disconnecting any harness.

3. Is there anything else I may need just in case or should I change anything else while I am added.

It looks simple I am a skinny guy and I drive a lot in NYC traffic and I use to wear my belt down this is what destroyed mines so I want to replace the drivers side.

The parts costed me 328.00 not bad from dealer a stereo shop wanted to charge me 275 just for foam and I was afraid that it would not work right meaning heated and cooled seats after this stereo shop messed with my car.

Thanks your input matters to me

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have a few customers that have used local interior and convertible top shops that have done really nice seat work, and in a few cases installed thicker more dense foam. I think you may have to take the seat out, I will try to confirm that

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
I would pull it out. You will make the job harder on yourself having to go from front to back trying to get everything taught and tied - plus deal with the back being in a bad position to work from the front.

I don't know your upholstery skillset, so I can't say how difficult this might be for you. This is a job better done on a bench vs squeezing hands between the seat and console etc.

I would recline the seat half way back before unplugging the motor. Then working on it you can have good access from all directions by flipping the seat and such.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up the drivers seat leather and foam. I installed it in a hour. I did not have to remove the seat. It costed 329 for the foam and leather for the bottom part. The cooled and heated seat works great now. I asked about the passenger side foam and they want 277.00 for the leather and 500 because it has a passenger air bag sensor. I am going to try the leather first. Wow what a difference. I really though it was easy since you dont have to remove the seat you can work around it. I used lexol leather cleaner for the top half.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
Let's see a finished pic vs that shot of it laying on the passenger seat idle.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Second that on the finished pic. I have been ready to do this on my 07 for a while now and just havent gotten to it yet. I want to do my 2 front seat bottoms and then figure out how to do the rear captains seat bottoms. Where did you buy the leather cover from and the foam? I inquired to Chris on here about it a while ago and when im ready will probably buy from him his price was about the same as gmpartsdirect

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sarrant Cadillac Long Island worth every dollar my cooled seats and heated seats work perfect buy Gm only it's easy to do. I am doing my passenger Friday I will let u know I am going to try just the leather first bc the passenger foam is expensive bc they don't sell the sensor separate. I am really tempeted to do the foam as well because the heated cooled seats will perform well.

----------

I will when I get home I have it but I can't send from my iPhone also the heated cooled seats work perfect. I didn't have to remove anything only the panel where the controls are at. Sorry I am out w wife enjoying my new seat.

Also smells great.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted picture, hopefully friday I will do the passenger side.

----------

I posted finished

----------

posted pic

·
Registered
2007 Escalade '08 CTS '06 H2
95 Posts
just did my drivers seat bottom last night, got the cover from theseatshop.com out of TX & I have the '07 light cashmere color, they matched it perfect, & it's a piece of cake to install as mention above... no need to remove the seat or unplug anything... everthing is clipped together, anyone thinking about doing this should DO IT, $215 for the seat bottom & its looks like a new seat! now for my next mod. Dual exhaust bumper swap, waiting for the bodyshop to paint it as I type this... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT
92 Posts
I don't suppose anyone took any pictures while the covers were off? I installed some massagers in my Lexus and I'd love to put them in the truck but I'm concerned with the cooled seats that the motors would block / it wouldn't be feasible to install.

·
Registered
Escalade
93 Posts
Looks good! I replaced the bolster & side pad at a reputable auto upholstery shop here in Houston. Did a great job, $200 OEM leather & new bolster fixed it right up(old one had a dime size hole in the corner)

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
36 Posts
I wish I would have known about this before I had the bottom seats dyed at $150 a pop. I asked the dealer in Northern Virginia if I could replace the seats that were cracking? He said it could not be done through Cadillac and then proceeded to try to sell me a new car instead. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH. I should have came to the forums first, lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I didn't think so either like you but I took a shot and asked and the told me the parts I needed. I wouldn't buy unless oem. Ebony is easy to match up because its black. Good Luck. The seats is the most important part of the car.

·
Registered
Escalade
61 Posts
Hey guy s need some help wit my driver seat..the metal skinny rods that brace the cusion underneath are broken. Which causes the cushion to drop and me seat 3-4 inches shorter than i want. Cause the uneeven ness of the cushion causes my back to hurt. Can i buy the seat cushion and leather. Where? And does it come with it assembled already with the rods. I dont have a pic hoping somebody knows what im talking bout

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
I just had all 4 of mine replaced. Now the seat backs look shinier and worn compared to the seat bottoms, think i may get the seat backs and head rests / captains arm rests done next..

----------

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Hi I am going to attempt without removing seat but how on earth did you unclip the side closest to the console? Seems almost impossible to get to it. Thanks!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts