Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a question for the dealers on here, but if anyone else can chime in let me know -

Since you cannot order PDR with Lux Level 2 now, can you order the PDQ with summer tire (Y43) and have them omit the wood trim (B20 and B19)?

I am still to young for wood trim :hide:

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
This might be a question for the dealers on here, but if anyone else can chime in let me know -

Since you cannot order PDR with Lux Level 2 now, can you order the PDQ with summer tire (Y43) and have them omit the wood trim (B20 and B19)?

I am still to young for wood trim :hide:
I have a similar issue. The only way to get Lux Level 2 is to order PDQ and that gets you the wood trim and a sunroof. Why do they make it so difficult to get the options you want without including options you can't live with? I'm 6'4" and the sunroof just doesn't cut it. Takes too much head room away.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
I have a similar issue. The only way to get Lux Level 2 is to order PDQ and that gets you the wood trim and a sunroof. Why do they make it so difficult to get the options you want without including options you can't live with? I'm 6'4" and the sunroof just doesn't cut it. Takes too much head room away.
Did you sit in the car yet? I've never seen such a high roof incl the sunroof. Try it out, you may be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
I sat in the front seat last weekend. The real problem is why are seemingly unrelated options grouped together and restrictions imposed in such a way as to make it impossible to buy the car you want?

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
This is exactly why I bought an '03 CTS. It was one of the only cars you could get well equipped without having a sunroof forced on you.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
The sunroof is a nice option. Unfortunately for me my autistic son grabbed the screen almost immediately and tried to tear it off the car..so no sunroof for us.

I'm too young for wood too even though its beautiful.

Went with the brushed metal accents that come standard..

No wrong way to order the car just personal preferences..

I didn't order the luxury packages so I can't help answer you question.

Just thought I'd mention that I did not order wood. (even though it is beautiful)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It bothers me too! I want to get the wood package and the premium lux collection BUT don't want the B20 option the wood steering wheel and gear shift knob. I just want the all leather wheel & knob. It should be an easy delete, but..... I'm thinking about waiting a while and see how this all comes together before ordering...

Tim

·
Registered
110 Posts
It bothers me too! I want to get the wood package and the premium lux collection BUT don't want the B20 option the wood steering wheel and gear shift knob. I just want the all leather wheel & knob. It should be an easy delete, but..... I'm thinking about waiting a while and see how this all comes together before ordering...

Tim
Unless things have changed, I am pretty sure if you order NOW you won't get B20 and they will delete that from PDQ. The last I read there were still issues with B20. Several people here who ordered B20 didn't get it.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have had a few come in and have placed orders. have not seen many kicked out yet

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Unless things have changed, I am pretty sure if you order NOW you won't get B20 and they will delete that from PDQ. The last I read there were still issues with B20. Several people here who ordered B20 didn't get it.
I'll vouch for that. I ordered PDQ which includes B19 and B20. B20 was deleted when the car was built (along with a $150 price reduction on the PDQ option). Frankly, I can live without the wood on the steering wheel, but the shifter looks awful without the wood trim. I'll be getting a wood trimmed shift knob as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been told by 4 dealers I've been working with that they cannot delete the B20 from the PLC. (damn) I hate the wood wheels, I've had them on two Jags and a Range Rover and they nick easily with rings, and are very, very hot to touch on those days were the tempertature gets high.

Tim

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
I've been told by 4 dealers I've been working with that they cannot delete the B20 from the PLC. (damn) I hate the wood wheels, I've had them on two Jags and a Range Rover and they nick easily with rings, and are very, very hot to touch on those days were the tempertature gets high.

Tim
Correct, it cannot be deleted by the dealer. What PanAnna is saying is that the B20 wood package is currently on constraint. Meaning if you order it right now the car will be produced without the B20 package and you will get a credit. No telling when the B20 will be available (rumor was near Oct 1) so the sooner you order the more likely the car will come without it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
54 Posts
Right now you can not get the B20 wood package (shift and steering wheel) there is some problem with the supply chain.......dealer is not sure when that will be fixed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts