Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few of us here had to remove performance package for the order to get accepted. There is/was a constraint on the performance package.
My order is confirmed accepted, just no build date, no offer of any update whatsoever. Very disappointed. It's not like this is a cheap vehicle; you would think they would give updates or some sort of customer service. The dealer originally told me once my order was accepted, delivery should be between April and June. Well, my order is confirmed by Cadillac directly in early January, but they have no updates.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I played the add and remove things based on constraints game for 4 months and still never got picked up. Finally canceled the order and got something else and will try again when 2022 orders open. I have still yet to see what the plan is for all the 2021 orders? Seems to be 3 options. They could stop taking orders soon and hope they get what's already ordered built before the model year change over. They could just cancel any orders that are out there. Or they could convert them all to 2022 model. I don't think anyone has a clue what the plan is.

Louisville Ford assembly plant just announced they're totally shutting the plant down for 6 weeks because of this mess.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes. Fully loaded; Premium Luxury, performance package, super cruise, and everything else.
Remove the Performance pack from your order. It will never get picked up with that option as they are fully constrained. Same with the Onyx package.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unless I missed an indication otherwise, you're stuck at status 1100. Accepted by the system just means it was entered properly by your dealer. Cadillac isn't agreeing to build it until you get to code 2000. I've had a Sport Plat stuck at 1100 since Feb. My Sport non-Plat went to 2000 the day it was entered (late April) and is scheduled for production next week. My guess is you'll be waiting for 2022 MY if you stick with that order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless I missed an indication otherwise, you're stuck at status 1100. Accepted by the system just means it was entered properly by your dealer. Cadillac isn't agreeing to build it until you get to code 2000. I've had a Sport Plat stuck at 1100 since Feb. My Sport non-Plat went to 2000 the day it was entered (late April) and is scheduled for production next week. My guess is you'll be waiting for 2022 MY if you stick with that order.
Well that's not good news, lol.. I will have to contact them and ask the exact code status. Why wouldn't they explain that??? If there was a problem , you would think they would say something. Rather than just telling me my order is accepted; make me believe that everything is fine.

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘19 VW e-Golf
94 Posts
Well that's not good news, lol.. I will have to contact them and ask the exact code status. Why wouldn't they explain that??? If there was a problem , you would think they would say something. Rather than just telling me my order is accepted; make me believe that everything is fine.
I’m in the same boat, ordered beginning of Jan and has not been picked up by the factory for production. My salesman stated they had an allocation last week and that there’s a possibly mine will be picked up. No update this week so I’m assuming it went to someone else ahead of me or to one that’s more profitable. At this point I‘m okay waiting for a ‘22 as long as they don’t place me in the back of the line. Just unusual times and I think being patient will be worth it. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ugh- that is definitely their lingo for Code 1100. Order is not picked up (guaranteed) by GM yet… they told me the same thing word for word. You can ask them for the code next time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ugh- that is definitely their lingo for Code 1100. Order is not picked up (guaranteed) by GM yet… they told me the same thing word for word. You can ask them for the code next time.
and at this point I am starting to wonder how many more orders will move past 1100 for 2021.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an ESV Prem. Lux with the performance package on order as well that hasn't picked up. My '18 shorty has the magnetic ride control, and I don't think I want to lose it with the '21.

·
Registered
2015 Platinum Escalade, 2021 Escalade ESV Sport
15 Posts
I ordered a sport plat with every option on march 5th, it was picked up by GM on may 5th and it's currently at 3400 with a TPW of 5/24. What is a realistic timeline of when it will be built and delivered?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an ESV Prem. Lux with the performance package on order as well that hasn't picked up. My '18 shorty has the magnetic ride control, and I don't think I want to lose it with the '21.
It's not the Performance Package that is the issue.. it is the "performance package upgrade" (now if that isn't confusing!)... The "exhaust and CIA kit" is what is constrained. I don't believe there are any issues with the "Performance Package" (which is an option on Lux, included on all Sports)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I ordered a sport plat with every option on march 5th, it was picked up by GM on may 5th and it's currently at 3400 with a TPW of 5/24. What is a realistic timeline of when it will be built and delivered?
Built by the end of that week.
My dealer and I are 30 min north of the plant. Took 1 week from end of production week to get

If you live further away can probably expect 2-4 weeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very frustrated here as well. I’ve been stuck at 1100 since ordering in mid-February. At the time, I negotiated out a $2k market adjustment for ordering, which I thought was BS. Now all of the dealers here in AZ are charging a “market premium” between $5k and $15k for the pleasure of purchasing an inventory vehicle, which apparently people are readily paying. My sense of things is why would you use allocation to build a vehicle for a customer that’s already put down money and you have in the fishbowl versus being able to order inventory and take the addition 5-15k of straight profit, which is why mine has yet to be built. I also had a dealer tell me that if I were willing to pad an order up front with a 2-5k donation to the dealership that they’d move me up in line and have my order fulfilled more quickly than others. A lot of shady BS going on right now, but also a lot of people with deep pockets willing to play ball. This all makes me miss my Tesla buying experience which was as easy as it gets, and no having to deal with a bunch of FOS dealers who will bend you over the first chance they get. Another interesting piece of feedback that my father in law (who is also in the car business) heard from the GM at a local Caddi dealer is that GM will be significantly upping the MSRP of the ‘22’s to capture some of the margin they’re currently missing out on, which makes sense. Needless to say, it’s left us with some difficult decisions, and I too am questioning whether or not we’ll even have an order accepted for ‘21. Good luck all!

·
Registered
2015 Platinum Escalade, 2021 Escalade ESV Sport
15 Posts
Very frustrated here as well. I’ve been stuck at 1100 since ordering in mid-February. At the time, I negotiated out a $2k market adjustment for ordering, which I thought was BS. Now all of the dealers here in AZ are charging a “market premium” between $5k and $15k for the pleasure of purchasing an inventory vehicle, which apparently people are readily paying. My sense of things is why would you use allocation to build a vehicle for a customer that’s already put down money and you have in the fishbowl versus being able to order inventory and take the addition 5-15k of straight profit, which is why mine has yet to be built. I also had a dealer tell me that if I were willing to pad an order up front with a 2-5k donation to the dealership that they’d move me up in line and have my order fulfilled more quickly than others. A lot of shady BS going on right now, but also a lot of people with deep pockets willing to play ball. This all makes me miss my Tesla buying experience which was as easy as it gets, and no having to deal with a bunch of FOS dealers who will bend you over the first chance they get. Another interesting piece of feedback that my father in law (who is also in the car business) heard from the GM at a local Caddi dealer is that GM will be significantly upping the MSRP of the ‘22’s to capture some of the margin they’re currently missing out on, which makes sense. Needless to say, it’s left us with some difficult decisions, and I too am questioning whether or not we’ll even have an order accepted for ‘21. Good luck all!
That’s BS. my dealer took my order and didn’t have to pay one cent. Said it’s any easy sell if I decide I don’t want it when it comes in.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts