Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Very frustrated here as well. I’ve been stuck at 1100 since ordering in mid-February. At the time, I negotiated out a $2k market adjustment for ordering, which I thought was BS. Now all of the dealers here in AZ are charging a “market premium” between $5k and $15k for the pleasure of purchasing an inventory vehicle, which apparently people are readily paying. My sense of things is why would you use allocation to build a vehicle for a customer that’s already put down money and you have in the fishbowl versus being able to order inventory and take the addition 5-15k of straight profit, which is why mine has yet to be built. I also had a dealer tell me that if I were willing to pad an order up front with a 2-5k donation to the dealership that they’d move me up in line and have my order fulfilled more quickly than others. A lot of shady BS going on right now, but also a lot of people with deep pockets willing to play ball. This all makes me miss my Tesla buying experience which was as easy as it gets, and no having to deal with a bunch of FOS dealers who will bend you over the first chance they get. Another interesting piece of feedback that my father in law (who is also in the car business) heard from the GM at a local Caddi dealer is that GM will be significantly upping the MSRP of the ‘22’s to capture some of the margin they’re currently missing out on, which makes sense. Needless to say, it’s left us with some difficult decisions, and I too am questioning whether or not we’ll even have an order accepted for ‘21. Good luck all!

Does your order have a lot of constraints? I feel like ordering should stay at msrp. Lot vehicles they are charging over

I ordered mine 3/30 and it was delivered 5/1, about 5 weeks. I tried to order it as unconstrained as possible was a sport w tech pkg, assist steps, supercruise
Paid msrp and they even took off 700$ or so as the destination price had gone up on 4/1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does your order have a lot of constraints? I feel like ordering should stay at msrp. Lot vehicles they are charging over

I ordered mine 3/30 and it was delivered 5/1, about 5 weeks. I tried to order it as unconstrained as possible was a sport w tech pkg, assist steps, supercruise
Paid msrp and they even took off 700$ or so as the destination price had gone up on 4/1
Yeah, same exact type of order here. I even took off onyx and PUP in mid March to try to get it through, but to no avail. Great to hear that you got yours!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is there an easy way to check on line as to status? Had order accepted by Cadillac 3/26
If you have your order number you can use the online chat on Cadillac.com. The chatbot can give you your status.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is your config. Might help others understand the lead times on different configs.
Black sport. Brandy. Driver assist. Supercruise. Puddle lamps. Running boards. 36 akg.

Back in March I was originally told cadillac built and shipped the wrong vehicle. A totally random configuration and that they had to reorder it. My suspicion is that they had someone who wanted my configuration willing to pay over msrp. The truth, however, I really have no idea.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Virtual assistant now states that the car has been produced. Hopefully only another week or two since I am in Texas.

Odd that my dealership hasn't reached out at all. Not even to notify me that the order got picked up a month ago. I probably should reach out to them, with my luck they end up selling it to someone else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Virtual assistant now states that the car has been produced. Hopefully only another week or two since I am in Texas.

Odd that my dealership hasn't reached out at all. Not even to notify me that the order got picked up a month ago. I probably should reach out to them, with my luck they end up selling it to someone else.
You never know....mine was produced and the following week the sales guy goes via text “ITS HERE!”. I would guess you get it for sure in next 1-2 weeks but dont be shocked if you get it this weekend.

·
Registered
2015 Platinum Escalade, 2021 Escalade ESV Sport
15 Posts

Mine was produced this week as well. Can’t wait!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there still a constraint on the Onyx package? Has anyone received their escalade with the onyx package recently? I put my order in last week and it was marked 1100. Today it was updated to 2000. Wondering if I will be at 2000 for a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there still a constraint on the Onyx package? Has anyone received their escalade with the onyx package recently? I put my order in last week and it was marked 1100. Today it was updated to 2000. Wondering if I will be at 2000 for a while.
Yes, the wheels in general were on the last “not available” list. What was your build? I ordered a sport ESV with power side steps, driver assist tech and super cruise. I’ve been in 1100 for 5 weeks and counting.

I’ve checked with other dealers and am being told that sports in general are on constraint (so they can’t submit an order). Not sure what to believe anymore!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, the wheels in general were on the last “not available” list. What was your build? I ordered a sport ESV with power side steps, driver assist tech and super cruise. I’ve been in 1100 for 5 weeks and counting.

I’ve checked with other dealers and am being told that sports in general are on constraint (so they can’t submit an order). Not sure what to believe anymore!
I have heard that the only thing that is "easy" to get built right now are base lux models. No idea what teh truth really is or what is on constraint these days (and by how much.)

The black wheels are listed as "not orderable" along with the premium floor mats. But strangly they didn't say anything about Onyx not being orderable, so my guess is they are just allocating 100% of those parts they do have to the orders with Onyx.
Would be nice if someone with the latest constrains list could post it, we haven't seen an update for a while.

The other strange thing... when they added the Brembo brake kit as a factory option a few weeks ago they made it only orderable if you also ordered Onyx????... How strange is that? I can't see why the normal 22" wheels would have any issues clearing those brakes. But.. they made a new high dollar option contingent on another high dollar option that you can't even get.

Reactions: Danny_38

·
Registered
6 Posts

4wd Sport, 3.0 Diesel, Driver assist package, onyx package, hd Trailering, power steps, rear entertainment, super cruise, and night vision.

·
Registered
135 Posts
4wd Sport, 3.0 Diesel, Driver assist package, onyx package, hd Trailering, power steps, rear entertainment, super cruise, and night vision.
GM is certainly delivering vehicals with the Onyx package.... just very slowly. You can go look at the Inventory Search on the Cadillac site and filter for Onyx Package, you will see a bunch that are in transit to dealers. Moving to 2000 is a good sign, hard to say if that means production is around the corner or if it will get stuck there for a bit.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts